PDA

View Full Version : Drum Wrap

-Sula PGH
08-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey guys. This is my first post, but ive always been unregistered looking around and that.

Anyways, i have a question regarding a certain type of drum wrap.
Im looking for a natural drum wrap, or butcher block, it just looks like wood.

Ive seen this style on like 60's rogers kits, and i like it alot.
if anyone knows a site that sells this type of wrap please let me know.

ive checked google, and so many sites than sell drum wrap with no luck.

drums2211
08-01-2010, 03:29 PM
This is something I have looked for myself. Most of the great drum companies of the 60's & 70's had some awesome wood wraps such as Ludwig's Butcher Block, Roger's Koa, and Pearl's Walnut. Unfortunately, the main 3 sellers of drum wrap, i.e. Precision Drum, Jammin Sam, & Drum Maker, all have pretty much the same ho hum pearls, sparkles, and glitters. No one sells the wood wraps. It would be a great marketing strategy in my opinion to have one of these guys start doing so. The best alternative I've found is to buy a paper-backed wood veneer. These can be applied with glue just like a wrap & you don't have to deal with a vacuum press and all that junk. Check this place out. You will have a large variety of wood finishes to choose from and they tend to be cheaper than the plastic wraps. www.veneersupplies.com

FarFromTheTruth
08-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Try out HitnRun drum (www.hitnrundrum.com) this is a company that im dealing with atm and they seem 2 be able 2 do anything u desire, they have awesome customer service. Just email ur idea through 2 them and they should be able 2 get want u want if u can send a pic of the finish (if u got 1) coz that will help them out. Hope This helps