PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Users - Question about replaced the BB-3

nutzo_dot_net
07-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey All,

I am looking to replace the BB-3 Tom Mounting brackets on my bass drum. I want to put install a similar style mount that only has one mount per bass drum.

I don't care which brand I purchase. That said, the new mount must fit into the current holes and hold a standard pearl tom arm. I know this is long shot, but I figured this was the place to ask.

Spence

JY Kelly
07-19-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't have pix right now as I'm on my laptop, but after I re-wrapped my Export kit, I re-drilled a 7/8" holes in each kick and mounted Pearl's tom mount (single) there.

Voila! No more BB3's, which, to me (as much as I love Pearl) are the ugliest mounts in the biz. When I didn't use them (while using a single-kick set-up or as pictued, a rack), I covered the holes with Pearl's tom mount covers...

SLIPKNOT1
07-19-2010, 11:37 PM
That said, the new mount must fit into the current holes and hold a standard pearl tom arm.

What your asking for is physically impossible. You want a SINGLE tom mount to fit where a DOUBLE tom mount was AND fit the current holes? Not going to happen. You will be left with extra holes and if you use one of the existing 7/8 holes for the tube, the mount will be off center.