PDA

View Full Version : DR-80 rack clamps.

logan brown
07-08-2010, 12:14 PM
are there any other clamps compatible with the DR-80 rack other than the pc-80's? my guitar center doesn't usually stock them, so i was wondering if there are other options so i don't have to order a clamp. thanks.

Alan12
07-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Sorry bro, the PC-80's are the only clamps compatible with the DR-80 rack if I'm not mistaken. The ICON is the only Pearl rack that has more than one clamp, (PCX-100, PCX-200, & PCL-100). Maybe when you can, try and upgrade to an ICON. However that would mean starting from scratch with the clamps though. :(

Nice to see a fellow Chris Adler and Lamb of God fan though bro. :D Here's some REP to help get you going. Sorry I couldn't be more of help. :o

logan brown
07-08-2010, 07:38 PM
I acctualy ended driving up to guitar center and i purchased a PCX-200 and it fits:D hahah i was stunned, i went with the intent that i would return it tomorrow but i dont have to now.

oh and hell yea dude, i love lamb of god. im pretty sure im gonna see em at mayhem this year. since their headlining, it should be pretty sick.

Alan12
07-08-2010, 10:58 PM
I acctualy ended driving up to guitar center and i purchased a PCX-200 and it fits:D hahah i was stunned, i went with the intent that i would return it tomorrow but i dont have to now.

oh and hell yea dude, i love lamb of god. im pretty sure im gonna see em at mayhem this year. since their headlining, it should be pretty sick.

Oh really it does fit? I was unaware of this. I was just going by knowledge I picked up from other members as I've never tried. I've only had an ICON myself. Well that's kool it fits man. Now I look like a prick for saying they won't fit and they actually do. LOL. 00** :p :o :confused: :rolleyes:

Yeah, Lamb of God's my absolute favorite band too. Nearest bands behind them are Shadows Fall and Pantera but LoG's miles ahead of them. LOL. That's kool you're going to try and see them. They've came to Louisiana only once recently but I couldn't make it. Hopefully they get a show nearby soon though.

logan brown
07-08-2010, 11:30 PM
hahah its cool man.

yea, i love pantera and shadows fall. although i think chimaira and hatebreed come before them for me. hopefully youll get to see them when they come somewhere nearby to you. i see you have the chris adler sig. snare, hows that treating you? i was thinking about getting that a little while ago.

TalonTsi90
07-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Its PC-8, not 80, and the PC-50 clamps fit if you add a little self stick foam to them

http://bot-racing.com/upload/AJ/VBX/DSC02176.JPG.

FYI, the DR-80 rack tubes are 1.5" in diameter, but someone else posted that the 200's fit also.

logan brown
07-09-2010, 11:47 AM
all i know is that it was this clamp that fit.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Pearl-PCX200-Pipe-Clamp-102548427-i1140707.gc

i can post pictures if you really want me to.

TalonTsi90
07-09-2010, 11:49 AM
No, thats what i said too :)

Alan12
07-09-2010, 03:54 PM
hahah its cool man.

yea, i love pantera and shadows fall. although i think chimaira and hatebreed come before them for me. hopefully youll get to see them when they come somewhere nearby to you. i see you have the chris adler sig. snare, hows that treating you? i was thinking about getting that a little while ago.

Haha damn dude we have like the same exact taste in music. Haha, I love Chimaira and Hatebreed too. Matt Byrne is an animal with Hatebreed, they're just so heavy. As for the Adler snare, I love it man! It has so much pop for a small drum, if you can you should definitely go for it. :D

logan brown
07-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Haha damn dude we have like the same exact taste in music. Haha, I love Chimaira and Hatebreed too. Matt Byrne is an animal with Hatebreed, they're just so heavy. As for the Adler snare, I love it man! It has so much pop for a small drum, if you can you should definitely go for it. :D

haha yea, the snare looks pretty sick. i love how it has a very high pop, yet has a lot of punch behind it. it isnt as empty as some 12" snares are. oh and matts pretty good, but i think andols from chimaira is better:rolleyes: hahah

logan brown
07-09-2010, 06:22 PM
No, thats what i said too :)

oh okay haha i got confused for a second.

Alan12
07-09-2010, 08:40 PM
haha yea, the snare looks pretty sick. i love how it has a very high pop, yet has a lot of punch behind it. it isnt as empty as some 12" snares are. oh and matts pretty good, but i think andols from chimaira is better:rolleyes: hahah

Yes, lots of punch from it. LOL yeah that guy's nuts. I wasn't sure who was their drummer because the 3 albums I have I think there are 3 different drummers. But we all know Mr. Adler ownz all. :D

logan brown
07-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Yes, lots of punch from it. LOL yeah that guy's nuts. I wasn't sure who was their drummer because the 3 albums I have I think there are 3 different drummers. But we all know Mr. Adler ownz all. :D

eh. haha not all, but he sure has written my favorite metal drum parts from any band. i gotta say derek roddy and George Kollias still have ALOT of experience and technicality on him.

Alan12
07-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Haha yeah same here bro, I love his approach to writing drums. Derek and George are nuts. ESPECIALLY kick-speed wise. I mean Chris has some quick feet (during the end part in Walk With Me In Hell) but he doesn't tend to flash that at all. He's more into playing creative fills.

logan brown
07-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Haha yeah same here bro, I love his approach to writing drums. Derek and George are nuts. ESPECIALLY kick-speed wise. I mean Chris has some quick feet (during the end part in Walk With Me In Hell) but he doesn't tend to flash that at all. He's more into playing creative fills.

yea, and his groove is just incredible. i wish he would play some sort of solo just to show his full speed and potential. i think the most technical speedy thing hes put out there is the ruin fill, and i can play that haha so, idk, well see.

Alan12
07-09-2010, 10:31 PM
yea, and his groove is just incredible. i wish he would play some sort of solo just to show his full speed and potential. i think the most technical speedy thing hes put out there is the ruin fill, and i can play that haha so, idk, well see.

Yeah definitely. That'd be badass. I think so too. Haha, yeah I love just busting out the Ruin fill when I'm playing. LOL. :D

Also speaking of "solo work", I just ordered his most solo thing he ever put out which is the Modern Drummer 2005 DVD featuring him and Jason Bittner. Plus a load of Meinls. :D

logan brown
07-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Yeah definitely. That'd be badass. I think so too. Haha, yeah I love just busting out the Ruin fill when I'm playing. LOL. :D

Also speaking of "solo work", I just ordered his most solo thing he ever put out which is the Modern Drummer 2005 DVD featuring him and Jason Bittner. Plus a load of Meinls. :D

oh yea ive seen many of those on youtube. that also has some of the side project stuff he worked on on it. i hear its pretty sweet.