PDA

View Full Version : Throne & snare stand

rstrange
07-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Well, it's been two years since I hit this forum. I've been a very busy cat. During the two years I picked up a Pearl 2000 series snare stand and have just now picked up one of those road series 2000 thrones. Never had such good gear under me ever before in my 5 decades plus, pro playing. To me, the snare stand and especially the throne are actually the two most important parts of any kit. During the last two years I have switched from Paiste to A and K custom Zildjian cymbals so I'm back in the Zildjian fold and also I am now an endorser dor the Serpent Coil cymbal as well. Also I have mostly Pearl hardware on my rack at this point, The stuff just doesn't seem to wear in the least no matter how hard I play. I'm also still teaching some here in Halifax and doing some film sound track music as well as playing in several bands It's good to be back and having the time to do some writing to the Pearl Forum again.

Jack_Frost
07-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Pearl definitely makes some great hardware. I use their snare stands and cymbal stands mostly, and have had nothing but fantastic luck with them. Good to see you'll be around!

JF-

rstrange
07-02-2010, 04:48 AM
Things have quieted down somewhat in the touring end of things and the gigs are a little slow in this area although I definitley still get my share of playing.
The reason I went to the roadster throne is because my heavy duty DW throne literally fell apart under me and nearly crippled me in the process. The difference is night and day with this Pearl throne. Definitley the best throne I have ever owned.

SippyCup
07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
I have the same throne, and I have to agree, it's fantastic. I played a three our show sitting on that throne on a tilted brick patio and I felt absolutely fine afterward. On any other throne, my spine would've been permanently misaligned. :)