PDA

View Full Version : Stomp Drive

Drobac
06-21-2010, 12:03 PM
https://www.stompdrive.com/

https://www.stompdrive.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/StompDrive_Iron__4c11139337dbf.jpg

https://www.stompdrive.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/7.JPG

BassB
06-21-2010, 01:12 PM
oh wow, i guess thats really having direct drive just BECAUSE.

50 dollars a piece

danvranic
06-21-2010, 02:28 PM

50 dollars a piece

i would haveto try that

Stoovey
06-21-2010, 05:39 PM

50 dollars a piece

Why the sarcasm? It's obviously for people that like the Iron Cobra but want direct drive. It's a clean retrofit. Not bad for the price.

tomkapicz
06-21-2010, 10:35 PM
sarcasm aside, i am really interested in this product. I wish i could try before i buy though, as i am not much of a gambler

radcaat
06-22-2010, 12:56 AM
wow this is awesome!

how do you guys think this will work with pearl powershifters?
i really want direct drive pedals xD

Stoovey
06-22-2010, 01:08 AM
wow this is awesome!

how do you guys think this will work with pearl powershifters?
i really want direct drive pedals xD

Well, it is designed as a direct fit for Iron Cobras, but the website seems to hint that they might make versions for other pedals if there's enough demand.

radcaat
06-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Well, it is designed as a direct fit for Iron Cobras, but the website seems to hint that they might make versions for other pedals if there's enough demand.

yeah i noticed that after i visited the sight haha

BassB
06-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Why the sarcasm? It's obviously for people that like the Iron Cobra but want direct drive. It's a clean retrofit. Not bad for the price.

i didn't use any sarcasm. in wich case i would have said "this is amazing".

i know better ways to spend a hundred bucks, instead on some. it just doesn't look ergonomic... the chain pulls the cam straight down, this does the same thing but with a curve.
wasn't the whole point not to have a cam but a 1:1 movement relation between the beater and the board?

it looks like it's just a direct drive for the sake of having one, but, of course, i would really like to try this out, i probably wouldn't buy it though.

JustDrummin
06-22-2010, 12:12 PM
It's cool they have a poll on their site for what other pedals that customers want...but they have Eliminator Chain/Belt drive as two different options, when it's the same pedal. They also have Yamaha Flying Dragons on there, when you can just buy those with a direct drive in the first place.

I guess it looks all right, but I would like to see how it feels compared to a true DD pedal...

tomkapicz
06-22-2010, 12:35 PM
i know better ways to spend a hundred bucks, instead on some. it just doesn't look ergonomic... the chain pulls the cam straight down, this does the same thing but with a curve.
wasn't the whole point not to have a cam but a 1:1 movement relation between the beater and the board?

You would get a totally different feel with this product. The chain uses the shape of the cam to give a certain power curve/feel to the pedal. By having a a fixed direct drive attached, it would eliminate any feel provided by the shape of the cam, as the attachment point to the cam always remains exactly the same. This product would probably give the cobras a 1:1 feel like you speak of

Joey Temper
06-23-2010, 03:32 AM
Deadly. just deadly.

I would get some for my eliminators if they are doing it.

Genius Switch
06-23-2010, 08:56 AM
great idea if you ask me. I can see this being quite popular if you can get it made for any pedal.

Stoovey
06-23-2010, 10:52 AM
i didn't use any sarcasm. in wich case i would have said "this is amazing".

Sorry. It came across that way. Thanks for clearing it up.

buzz doan
06-23-2010, 04:27 PM
any one get to try this out yet

Ehrin
06-23-2010, 09:20 PM
I would definately buy a pair for my eliminators if they made them. I love my demon drives but these could potentially make the elims the best pedals I have.

mattsimonton
06-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Ill do a full write up when they come in... just got them, they look like a quality product and Im looking forward to testing them out.. Definitely a little easier on the pocket book then ordering a DD pedal. I havent seen any up here in Ak other than a trashed axis to try out.

Ill keep you all updated!
Matt

mattsimonton
06-26-2010, 03:27 AM
They shipped today, hopefully here by Monday.

Ehrin
06-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Ill do a full write up when they come in... just got them, they look like a quality product and Im looking forward to testing them out.. Definitely a little easier on the pocket book then ordering a DD pedal. I havent seen any up here in Ak other than a trashed axis to try out.

Ill keep you all updated!
Matt

I could have swore I saw a Demon Drive the last time I was at Mammoth. That could give you something to compare them to.

tbonedrumcam
06-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Considering how bad I want a set of Elim doubles, this would be a nice retrofit. This could make the perfect pedal possible for me:

- Eliminator Double w/ Stomp Drive conversion, Iron Cobra beaters, & an Axis driveshaft

Sounds drool-worthy...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

mattsimonton
06-29-2010, 03:25 AM
Here is a bit of a write up on them.

http://pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=245967