PDA

View Full Version : Painting the Pearl BB-1 Bass Drum Plates

i love cannolis
06-16-2010, 12:08 PM
This is my first post on my new account, I just wanted to change from my old account, drumer4life1212, kinda tacky, but I do love cannolis as much as drumming so I just made a little change, so I guess you could say I'm semi new and its good to be back :D

Now I've had the BB-1 plates for about a year now, and it does kinda bother me that its silver and throws off the rest from the black hardware, it just looks kinda tacky-ish. How could I go about painting these black? Would a regular spray paint work? Or is there a special paint for painting rubber that would be better to you? Or better yet, does pearl sell the BB-1 in black?

And when the time comes I surely will post pictures, I just need a working camera....:p

And it is good to be back to the PDF!

DarkEdgeX5
06-16-2010, 12:09 PM
I dunno about the painting.
But, if you wanted to change your username, you could've PM'ed a mod.
:p

melvinspeed
06-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Or is there a special paint for painting rubber that would be better to you?

Your BB1 is rubber? Mine is some kind of metal... maybe aluminum.

I believe the most durable coating for what you want to do would be to powder coat the plate rather than paint it.

i love cannolis
06-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Your BB1 is rubber? Mine is some kind of metal... maybe aluminum.

I believe the most durable coating for what you want to do would be to powder coat the plate rather than paint it.

Yeah its either a plastic or rubber because I remember when I put it on it was flexible, even though I thought it would be some kind of metal from the pictures. I mean the best thing to probably do would be to take it off and then bring it to some kind of paint store or home depot and see whats best for it.

TalonTsi90
06-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Model paint or any car paint like Plasti-Kote will work well. They make a bumper paint that will flex some so you wont crack it putting it back on.

weps
06-17-2010, 08:52 AM
I thought it was BC1?

weps

melvinspeed
06-17-2010, 10:13 AM
I thought it was BC1?

weps

It's actually BCC-1.

But that's just nitpicking, isn't it. :D

weps
06-17-2010, 11:43 AM
It's actually BCC-1.

But that's just nitpicking, isn't it. :D

Naw, If the numbers aren't right, it'll annoy both the customer and the seller trying to get the RIGHT part ;>)

weps

TalonTsi90
06-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Sigh, youre both wrong lol, its BBC-1 lol. http://www.massmusic.net/category/Pearl-Parts-And-Accessories-1061

melvinspeed
06-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Sigh, youre both wrong lol, its BBC-1 lol. http://www.massmusic.net/category/Pearl-Parts-And-Accessories-1061

That's what I was going for. My fingers just didn't cooperate. :(

Jacksoncollins
06-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Good excuse.