PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

|DxM| Malice
05-29-2010, 10:16 PM
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/ddrum-Vinnie-Paul-Double-Bass-Drum-Pedal?sku=580903&rec=product_A

Looks like a piece of **** to me. What do you think.

danvranic
05-29-2010, 10:57 PM
not even worth half that price tag!

DarkEdgeX5
05-29-2010, 11:07 PM
If you like the feel of cinderblocks...

bbuduliss
05-30-2010, 04:36 AM
crap

lovetheblues
05-30-2010, 09:31 AM
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/ddrum-Vinnie-Paul-Double-Bass-Drum-Pedal?sku=580903&rec=product_A

Looks like a piece of **** to me. What do you think.

Ground Hog Day?

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=240023

But just quietly, let me say that it may or may not be a poor pedal, but there is no way anyone can tell that by its "looks". Which makes me think that this is just another case of bashing VP because it is trendy since he left Pearl and started using those ridiculous size toms?

eric22
05-30-2010, 10:01 AM
never played it. can't offer opinion.

SLIPKNOT1
05-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Never played it, but if it's anything like the other Ddrum hardware, i would steer clear. They overprice all their products because they pay their artists to play them and need to get their money back.

*_*Drumfreax*_*
05-30-2010, 10:28 AM
May I be the first to say that they look like pro pedals? They seem to have covered all of the popular features: spring tension locking system, adjustable spring tension, independent beater and foot board adjustments, drum key holder, Quick-Rings-esque spring alignment, two single pedal option, easy access hoop clamp, *ahem* solid foot board. If Ddrum hadn't such a bad rep, I'd say they look potentially good. "Oh no Johnny! Time to Flame-ON!"

...actually I may take that back. Just saw the price tag...

JoshDecent
05-30-2010, 02:28 PM
I saw these somewhere before. Frankly, if it says ddrum on it, screw it.

C-Monster
05-30-2010, 06:02 PM
It's a shame that ddrum has had such quality control issues, because it has carried over into every avenue of their company. Not one person here who has offered their opinion has actually played this pedal, and has no idea of how it plays or its' quality. I'm not ripping on those people, just stating the fact that noone who has actually negatively commented on the pedal has ever played it.

I just thought that should be addressed. :D

I have never played the pedal...Vinnie Paul has a nice beard :)

ColoursBleedToREd
05-31-2010, 10:20 AM
No! I was really dissapointed when vinnie left Pearl. I read he got his own hardware. It sounded cool. It SOUNDED cool. This thing isn't worth the price and nowhere near some Elliminators. Vinnie what have you done????

ricohorton
05-31-2010, 11:45 AM
lol just imagine that pointy heel plate stabbing into your heel when your wearing socks. ouch!

playinpearls
06-01-2010, 01:20 PM
i'm gonna bet that those things live in the case during any tour that vinnie paul is on...

and why would double kick drum king vinnie paul be endorsing a double pedal for any other reason than money...?

barjack
06-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I have played these exact pedals. They are the same as all those generic units you see on eBay- Union, GP, etc. The axle towers are cheaply powdercoated, not parkerized and then coated like more professional models. The hinges were tight enough, but were just loop n' pin-style, not DW bearing-style. I could see the hinge going loose quite quickly. The cams, springs, and all fittings were decent for an intermediate line, but have the same unfinished, quickly cast pieces that all no-name gear has.

The pedals played nicely for floor-model pedals in a music store, though I can't say they were any better than the top-of-the-line Pacific PDP models, or the DW7000... or the Pearl 902's. Whichever way you go, they were not refined nor modular enough to warrant a price tag of any higher than $199.95 USD.

Ddrum should have stuck to just making shellpacks, like OCDP and Pork Pie. Even Gretsch only has top-dollar hardware because they're owned under the same umbrella as Gibraltar. I can't imagine anyone buys a full Ddrum kit from Musician's Friend- they're far more likely to get the $499 shell pack and outfit it with the hardware pack they want. By trying to add an entire line of re-branded generic hardware to their setup, Ddrum has totally lowered the perceved quality of their brand.

C-Monster
06-01-2010, 07:58 PM
I have played these exact pedals. They are the same as all those generic units you see on eBay- Union, GP, etc. The axle towers are cheaply powdercoated, not parkerized and then coated like more professional models. The hinges were tight enough, but were just loop n' pin-style, not DW bearing-style. I could see the hinge going loose quite quickly. The cams, springs, and all fittings were decent for an intermediate line, but have the same unfinished, quickly cast pieces that all no-name gear has.

The pedals played nicely for floor-model pedals in a music store, though I can't say they were any better than the top-of-the-line Pacific PDP models, or the DW7000... or the Pearl 902's. Whichever way you go, they were not refined nor modular enough to warrant a price tag of any higher than $199.95 USD.

Ddrum should have stuck to just making shellpacks, like OCDP and Pork Pie. Even Gretsch only has top-dollar hardware because they're owned under the same umbrella as Gibraltar. I can't imagine anyone buys a full Ddrum kit from Musician's Friend- they're far more likely to get the $499 shell pack and outfit it with the hardware pack they want. By trying to add an entire line of re-branded generic hardware to their setup, Ddrum has totally lowered the perceved quality of their brand.

There you go...an actual review by someone who has played the pedal. Obviously, this post confirmed what many on this thread supposed but I just really think people should be wary of casting absolute judgement without a solid and factual basis. Maybe someday dDrum will make something truly amazing, and it would be a shame if we all missed out because of our bias.

PS-no, I don't own anything by dDrum or work for them :D