PDA

View Full Version : Iron cobra beaters

|DxM| Malice
05-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Right now I have the felt ones on my cobra and there almost completly worn down. I'm thinking about trying the rubber ones, I think the wood would eat through the head to fast. Anything I should know thats different between rubber and felt?

SLIPKNOT1
05-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Rubber gives more attack then felt but not as much as wood. Wood gives lot's of attack ands a nice solid punch with no sponginess like felt and rubber give. Wood beaters also last much longer.

If you do opt for any brand of wood or plastic beaters, you MUST use a contact patch. Remo's Falam Slam in 2.5" or 4" version would be my suggestion. Wood and plastic beaters will eat through an unprotected head quite quickly.

Rubber beaters will not damage a head as fast as wood or plastic will, but they too will damage them in time. And rubber beaters tend to get gummy from the heat buildup and have been known to stick to the head, keep that in mind. I would suggest a wood beater if your looking for more attack.

AWS201211
05-29-2010, 07:49 PM
rubber gives more attack then felt but not as much as wood. Wood gives lot's of attack ands a nice solid punch with no sponginess like felt and rubber give. Wood beaters also last much longer.

If you do opt for any brand of wood or plastic beaters, you must use a contact patch. Remo's falam slam in 2.5" or 4" version would be my suggestion. Wood and plastic beaters will eat through an unprotected head quite quickly.

Rubber beaters will not damage a head as fast as wood or plastic will, but they too will damage them in time. And rubber beaters tend to get gummy from the heat buildup and have been known to stick to the head, keep that in mind. I would suggest a wood beater if your looking for more attack.

+1

Drobac
05-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Yeah, wood gives a nice attack and has a warmer sound than rubber. Also rubber IC beaters are heaviest weight of the three, than goes the wood and the felt ones are lightest.

radcaat
05-30-2010, 07:19 AM
i use pearl plastic beaters on a remo falam contact patch. it gives a nice thump!