PDA

View Full Version : Bass Drum Beaters

SamJones14
05-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Hello fellow drumming peoples, I need a little bit of advice if that's alright..

I play with a DW 5000 Single Bass Drum Pedal, and have done for nearly a year now. However I find the beater is quite heavy, and I do find it sometimes difficult to play very quick rhythms. So I was wondering whether the DW bass drum beater could be a cause of this, and would changing it to something lighter help me. If you guys have any advice on this subject, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks guys :D

Sam

jondrumming
05-29-2010, 02:58 PM
You're not the only one, most people find DW's beaters to be rather heavy and a little sluggish. I'd recommend trying the Tama CB90, the Puresound Speedball, or a Danmar round felt or wood beater.

You'll find that those three are a lot quicker than the DWs!

SamJones14
05-29-2010, 03:04 PM
You're not the only one, most people find DW's beaters to be rather heavy and a little sluggish. I'd recommend trying the Tama CB90, the Puresound Speedball, or a Danmar round felt or wood beater.

You'll find that those three are a lot quicker than the DWs!

Cheers, that's reassuring to know i'm not the only one. I'll have a look into those different beaters, thanks for your help. :)

jondrumming
05-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Cheers, that's reassuring to know i'm not the only one. I'll have a look into those different beaters, thanks for your help. :)

Oh definitely, loads of folks who buy DWs change out the beaters at some point or another! My personal recommendation is the Tama, it comes with a counterweight that lets you change up the feel of the beater without changing any of your other settings!