PDA

View Full Version : Remote hi-hat cymbal damper?

zendrumman
05-26-2010, 03:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone has played with the remote hi-hat cymbal damper.
apparently you can fasten it to a pearl cable hi-hat and use a standard crash cymbal on it. it lets you dampen the cymbal with your foot. I saw it on youtube. the guys video really doesn't show much but i think it looks like you could really do a lot with it. somebody help.

http://www.youtube.com/cablefrayed

David_DX
05-27-2010, 08:37 AM
I would not buy a remote hat for much $$$ only to play with a crash dampening effect. I can dampen my crashes by hand.
Of course you can get nice sounds of it, but I think there are easier ways to do so.
Maybe it would be interesting, if you already have a remote hat and build yourself an own dampener but I don't see much use for that.
I prefer a normal hi hat and don't really like the sound of this particular cymbal...

JoshDecent
05-27-2010, 08:52 AM
In my opinion, it looks like some useless junk. Do you really need to choke up your cymbals that often that you would want one of these?

zendrumman
05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
So neither one of you guys have played it, but you're offering advice about it?

I asked for advice from people who have used it not opinions.

minime
05-28-2010, 09:35 PM

Their opinions about it, and why they didn't/wouldn't buy one are just as good as someone who did buy it and is offering praise/feedback.
If all you are looking for is positive reviews of a product, what's the point of getting reviews? They offer completely valid and good points while never owning it- which you would gladly throw out.

At least they're trying to help by giving their opinion. With the seemingly small amount of people who own one, this will probably be the best you will get. They were only trying to help.

Also, you left your topic very vague
"I was wondering if anyone has played with the remote hi-hat cymbal damper. . . somebody help."
So maybe try to be more specific, and you will (hopefully) get better answers-such as what questions do you have of it specifically, how does it work, how does it sound, etc.

Sorry if this comes across as mean, but i speak my truth.

PYRRHO
05-28-2010, 09:46 PM

It's a piece of crap. Stop spamming the board.

JoshDecent
05-29-2010, 10:51 AM

Well, many apologies for at least mildly attempting to offer an opinion. I know someone in this thread who will be receiving all kinds of help from now on.