PDA

View Full Version : Iron cobra

|DxM| Malice
05-24-2010, 01:39 PM
I seem to not be able to get the feel i'm looking for out of my iron cobra's. They feel super sluggish on high spring tension but I get the power I need, on low tension they feel alot better but I get no power when I get speeds over 180 bpm, the right pedal is alot more responsive then the slave as well, I didn't think there would be this much difference in the slave and master. Any suggestions. I want power and speed without having to work hard for it thanks.

Drobac
05-24-2010, 03:13 PM
I want power and speed without having to work hard for it thanks.

That's a little hard to achieve with Iron Cobras. The main reason I switched to Demon Drives. Much lighter feeling than ICs with lots of power.

|DxM| Malice
05-24-2010, 03:26 PM
well then whats the best settings to get it as close as possible to that? Or to increase my speed.

Drobac
05-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Try changing the springs to heavier ones. Don't put the beaters too close to the head, make them like 45 degrees from the floor. Those pedals feel pretty heavy and trust me, no setting will make them feel light. That's just the way they feel.

|DxM| Malice
05-24-2010, 04:06 PM
I want to get the control and speed like the drummer from the faceless, I need that both in feet and hands, for hand what are some things I can do to get faster cleaner rolls, same with feet?

drummermuz
05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
I want to get the control and speed like the drummer from the faceless, I need that both in feet and hands, for hand what are some things I can do to get faster cleaner rolls, same with feet?

practice usually helps. want to get cleaner rolls? practice rolls. want faster double bass? well, practice playing faster double bass. one of my old drum teachers once put forward the formula 'endurance + control = speed'. oh, and add a dash of patience and you're well on your way. good luck

|DxM| Malice
05-24-2010, 05:22 PM
i have the speed on my legs, it seems like this pedal allows me to go fast but only in like weird bursts when my feet arnt doing that, idk if i'm not used to the powerglide or what but its weird. On this old as pedal I had I could play as fast as I want consistently but I had no power. So I don't know what the issue is.

JoshDecent
05-24-2010, 10:27 PM
While I personally have found IC's to be a bit heavy feeling, if you can't do it on them, then you just can't do it, I'd say. Lyle Cooper from The Faceless is REALLY fast, but he's been playing for a really long time. I'd say practice on them.

Just to give you a possible alternative if you're bent on trying something else, maybe try a set of Eliminators? They're extremely adjustable, about as expensive as the IC's I believe, and if I'm not mistaken, the red and blue cams are designed to be light feeling and have a lot of power. And they are, too light for me actually.

drummermuz
05-24-2010, 11:30 PM
indeed. elims are great pedals.

also, you say speed in your 'legs'. for fast speed, its more of an ankle motion. practice using this ankle motion. have a crack at say 190 bpm. first just doing two sets of sixteenths, the rest eighths, and then have it as three sets of sixteenths and leaving just two eighths. works wonders for me.

when you say fast, how fast can you play now, and out of curiosity, how fast do you want to be able to play

|DxM| Malice
05-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I play heel up, heel down always feels weird for me. I can play 200bpm fairly consistent but not for long periods of time, And changing pedals is not an option I just bought these used for 130 which I thought was a good deal,

drummermuz
05-25-2010, 02:00 PM
you still can play heel up and use your ankles. but essentially, as long as you practice, you can play 240bpm with a more leg than ankle motion. similarly as to how most people blast with their fingers but george kollias has built his wrist speed up enough to blast with his wrists, giving him that extra power.

BabylonWillFall
05-25-2010, 03:43 PM

That's impossible to achieve, period. No one is just fast overnight.

BabylonWillFall
05-25-2010, 03:44 PM

Doesn't Lyle use Axis? If so, Iron Cobras are a far cry from the pedals he uses.

|DxM| Malice
05-25-2010, 05:46 PM
That's impossible to achieve, period. No one is just fast overnight.

I'm not talking about me practicing i'm talking about the pedal helping out. I'm getting more and more used to them i'll try all the settings.

JoshDecent
05-25-2010, 09:14 PM
I guarantee you that pedal choice/settings is not the thing separating you and Lyle's speed. What you might want to do is forget about your slave pedal for a bit. Find the settings on your main pedal that are the best happy medium you can get between effort needed and power achieved, because it's the best you're going to get. It should be a setting ideally where you can do all your typical single kick stuff that you're capable of comfortably, and when you find that setting, do your best to set the slave the same and just start playing it. Once you take the time to get used to the pedal/setting it should get easier.

|DxM| Malice
05-25-2010, 10:28 PM
I guarantee you that pedal choice/settings is not the thing separating you and Lyle's speed. What you might want to do is forget about your slave pedal for a bit. Find the settings on your main pedal that are the best happy medium you can get between effort needed and power achieved, because it's the best you're going to get. It should be a setting ideally where you can do all your typical single kick stuff that you're capable of comfortably, and when you find that setting, do your best to set the slave the same and just start playing it. Once you take the time to get used to the pedal/setting it should get easier.

I'm not comparing me to Lyle he is ridicules. I know I can play 200 bpm I just need to find the right settings, I'll try what you said about the master pedal.

JustDrummin
05-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Instead of figuring out what settings you can play 16th's at 200 BPM at, why don't you find the settings that feel comfortable? If you feel comfortable at lower spring tension, then keep the tension lower. You can practice getting more power out of your strokes, but it will take time.

Personally, I would make my pedal comfortable and then work on what I want to be able to play, instead of spending all this time thinking that the pedal will be doing the work for you. Better equipment doesn't make you a better player, and in the end, everything comes back to your ability.

BabylonWillFall
05-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Personally, I would make my pedal comfortable and then work on what I want to be able to play, instead of spending all this time thinking that the pedal will be doing the work for you. Better equipment doesn't make you a better player, and in the end, everything comes back to your ability.

That's all fine and dandy when it comes to every other genre. Playing metal at high speeds for extended periods of time has doesn't really have its do's and don'ts but there are general consensus things that involve mechanics, body functions, and a bit of mechanics.

A. High spring tension means fast pedals. High spring tension is an easy way for your pedals to keep up with you (the pedals DO somewhat make the player in this scenario).

B. You're going to have more of a time putting power in your strokes and being stable at lower to intermediate speeds because of "A". This is something metal players need to practice. I'm sorry but I've spent a lot of time researching all this and experiencing it myself.

C. As far as comfort goes, deal with being uncomfortable. Your body needs to adapt to balancing while not having your feet on the floor. You're going to be sore, probably have some back pains, shin pains, calf pains, and so on...deal with it. Once you adapt, you'll have a set up that makes it entirely unique to you. The thing about being fast is being efficient. Your setup will get tighter, your pedals will be dialed in to death, and the sticks you use will make or break your night playing at the local bar/club/storage unit...whatever.

If I weren't playing metal, I could set my kit up however I want, play with loose pedals, and play with whatever sticks because me being able to do what I can do, I can still do whatever on any setup.

When I'm playing metal, there's a precision you have to maintain. Just like practicing and keeping your legs and arms warm and working, your set must be up kept and to your needs/liking.

|DxM| Malice
05-26-2010, 04:34 PM
That's all fine and dandy when it comes to every other genre. Playing metal at high speeds for extended periods of time has doesn't really have its do's and don'ts but there are general consensus things that involve mechanics, body functions, and a bit of mechanics.

A. High spring tension means fast pedals. High spring tension is an easy way for your pedals to keep up with you (the pedals DO somewhat make the player in this scenario).

B. You're going to have more of a time putting power in your strokes and being stable at lower to intermediate speeds because of "A". This is something metal players need to practice. I'm sorry but I've spent a lot of time researching all this and experiencing it myself.

C. As far as comfort goes, deal with being uncomfortable. Your body needs to adapt to balancing while not having your feet on the floor. You're going to be sore, probably have some back pains, shin pains, calf pains, and so on...deal with it. Once you adapt, you'll have a set up that makes it entirely unique to you. The thing about being fast is being efficient. Your setup will get tighter, your pedals will be dialed in to death, and the sticks you use will make or break your night playing at the local bar/club/storage unit...whatever.

If I weren't playing metal, I could set my kit up however I want, play with loose pedals, and play with whatever sticks because me being able to do what I can do, I can still do whatever on any setup.

When I'm playing metal, there's a precision you have to maintain. Just like practicing and keeping your legs and arms warm and working, your set must be up kept and to your needs/liking.

Thank you so i'll max out the spring tension. what about footboard height? its on hight right now is lower better? and the black nob thing on the side where should I adjust that?

JustDrummin
05-26-2010, 05:01 PM

Yes, tight springs means that the pedal will rebound faster, but there are other ways to attain 200 BPM, and you don't need your springs super tight to do it. I don't doubt that you have a lot of experience, and I'm not going to question it. You can reach 200 BPM with your pedals at comfortable settings, even if this means your springs are looser. I'm no speed demon, but I can reach 180-190 BPMs and my springs are very loose, I like the feeling of a lighter pedal. It's just taken me practice to get there.

If he was trying to hit 220, 230 or higher, then yeah, tight springs are probably nessecary, among other things. But the only benchmark I've seen so far in this thread is 200 BPM, which is fast, but certainly attainable without forcing yourself to play with something that may be uncomfortable.

Thank you so i'll max out the spring tension. what about footboard height? its on hight right now is lower better? and the black nob thing on the side where should I adjust that?

There aren't any "magic settings" that will make you play faster. If you mess with the settings until your comfortable with your pedal, you will develop your speed naturally.

|DxM| Malice
05-26-2010, 05:28 PM
If he was trying to hit 220, 230 or higher, then yeah, tight springs are probably nessecary, among other things. But the only benchmark I've seen so far in this thread is 200 BPM, which is fast, but certainly attainable without forcing yourself to play with something that may be uncomfortable.

I said I can already play 200 bpm comfortably, my goal is upwards of 240. Thats why i was looking for settings to "challenge" me and make me get to that lvl.

JustDrummin
05-26-2010, 06:23 PM
I said I can already play 200 bpm comfortably, my goal is upwards of 240. Thats why i was looking for settings to "challenge" me and make me get to that lvl.

Well I apologize. If you're looking to get upwards of 240, then you're going to need tighter springs. A great place to look would be the Derek Roddy forums, which can be found at www.derekroddy.com

The guys over there know a LOT about speed, and can help you out with exercises and anything else you may want to know in order to reach high speeds.

|DxM| Malice
05-26-2010, 06:54 PM
one of my favorite drummers :p i'll check it out. Thanks

BabylonWillFall
05-26-2010, 07:17 PM

Footboard height is all preference really. That's something that is way more up to the player. To the other dude that quoted me:

Of course you CAN get 200ish+ BPM with loose tension. I would never say you couldn't but it's going to be a ton more effort to try and play 16ths consistently at those tempos. Feel me?

drummermuz
05-27-2010, 01:56 AM

hehe yeh my bad, i pulled that number out of thin air a while back.

and dont cheap out on the springs either. i recently replaced my elim springs with generic ones, and the generic ones fully tight were about what the elims were 1/2-3/4 tighened.

BabylonWillFall
05-27-2010, 12:34 PM
hehe yeh my bad, i pulled that number out of thin air a while back.

and dont cheap out on the springs either. i recently replaced my elim springs with generic ones, and the generic ones fully tight were about what the elims were 1/2-3/4 tighened.

Whoops, I meant to say something about the IC springs. The IC springs are very, very weak. It's the weakest point of those pedals for people who really want to play fast.

You can find some generics like "drummermuz" said or go for some Axis springs. The axis springs are ridiculously strong, especially if you get the heavy duty ones.

virushopper
05-27-2010, 02:39 PM
After years of playing the Iron Cobras, I made the switch to the Eliminators and have been happy since. I agree with some of the comments about how the IC has a heavy feeling.

IamCraiger
05-27-2010, 02:55 PM

My friend, power and speed is achieved through practice, not pedals. I can play heel-toe in bunny slippers on any 25 year old crappy pedals just as fast as any modern Axis, Demon or IC... dont get caught up in the pedal hype, it has zero to do with it, its all in the technique which you havent discovered yet.. it will come though, with practice.

|DxM| Malice
05-27-2010, 04:43 PM
My friend, power and speed is achieved through practice, not pedals. I can play heel-toe in bunny slippers on any 25 year old crappy pedals just as fast as any modern Axis, Demon or IC... dont get caught up in the pedal hype, it has zero to do with it, its all in the technique which you havent discovered yet.. it will come though, with practice.

You can't say your pedal has nothing to do with speed/power. Thats bs. It is a good portion of it. Playing on a piece of **** then going to an axis I doubt you will be able to play 240 bpm with the same power on both. I just need to get heavier springs because the pedal board isn't keeping up with my feet.

BabylonWillFall
05-27-2010, 05:08 PM
You can't say your pedal has nothing to do with speed/power. Thats bs. It is a good portion of it. Playing on a piece of **** then going to an axis I doubt you will be able to play 240 bpm with the same power on both. I just need to get heavier springs because the pedal board isn't keeping up with my feet.

I approve this.

IamCraiger
05-27-2010, 08:31 PM

wow, what's really BS is thinking your pedal is going to do the technique for you. There's no use trying to debate this point until you learn the technique. Its like a double stroke roll, once you get it and practice it, you can blast it - with any type of stick, mallets, spoons or carrots or whatever. Im not a speed metal guy, but I do know Gene Hoglan, who uses 25 year old Camcos would get a good laugh out of this too. Jojo Mayer uses a pedal that is built of old spare parts; it looks like a Yugo sitting next to a Ferrari, if you want to compare to Axis/Demons etc... and dude, I'm not being critical of you, my point was IC's are great pedals, (heavy or stock springs) and can easily handle the speed. Good Luck!

|DxM| Malice
05-27-2010, 08:40 PM
I said nothing about technique. You saying the pedal does not help AT ALL is like saying a civic can keep up with a Bugatti veyron.

BabylonWillFall
05-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Im not a speed metal guy

Thus making any point you're trying to make in this thread, completely irrelevant.

IamCraiger
05-28-2010, 10:12 AM
I said nothing about technique. You saying the pedal does not help AT ALL is like saying a civic can keep up with a Bugatti veyron.

You did mention your heel-up technique. That comparison is ridiculous, we're talking drum pedals. My old "Honda Civic" Camcos can keep up to the "Bugatti" pedals, with just as much power and speed.

IamCraiger
05-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Thus making any point you're trying to make in this thread, completely irrelevant.

and you get a star for mouthbreathing, way to go

BassB
05-28-2010, 10:15 AM

because thats the only genre that needs good and fast bassdrum technique.

BabylonWillFall
05-28-2010, 10:21 AM
because thats the only genre that needs good and fast bassdrum technique.

We're not talking about fast bassdrum techinique, we're talking about constant speed *******.

There's a difference between being fast on a pedal and being able to play perfect 16ths at around 250bpm.

Don't neg rep me for stupid **** like that. I play any ****ing genre I can wrap myself around, I would love to start a hip-hop band, and I constantly explore various types of music and yes, I do use a lot of bassdrum techniques in other genres.

I know what I have to do and what I've been through in metal. Playing consistently fast for extended periods of time doesn't JUST require technique, it requires the perfect gear for the individual player. Go ahead and call me a ****ing fanboy some more.

To add to that, I still have the Mapex pedals that came with my M Birch. If they were in a double pedal configuration, would I use them? Potentially, but only for genres OTHER than metal. I play metal lots and lots and my gear has to be consistent and precise and exactly what I'm used to for me to perform at my best.

Drobac
05-29-2010, 05:13 AM
Guys, speed demons like Derek Roddy and George Kollias claim they can play equaly fast on any pedal, but there is still a reason why they choose Axis over any other pedal. George said on his forum he can nail any Nile show with his old Iron Cobras, but he still uses Axis for that. One can play equally fast on any pedal but lighter feeling pedal helps a lot with constant 250bpm pounding. I went from ICs to Demon Drives and it's so much easier to play fast on them than Iron Cobras.

BassB
05-29-2010, 05:42 AM
We're not talking about fast bassdrum techinique, we're talking about constant speed *******.
and we only need that in speed metal right?

There's a difference between being fast on a pedal and being able to play perfect 16ths at around 250bpm.
yeah it's called good technique, i do agree that pedals are a big factor, but your own abilities are way more important

Don't neg rep me for stupid **** like that. I play any ****ing genre I can wrap myself around, I would love to start a hip-hop band, and I constantly explore various types of music and yes, I do use a lot of bassdrum techniques in other genres.
what does this have to do with the thread, if you have any personal insults to make, please pm.

I know what I have to do and what I've been through in metal. Playing consistently fast for extended periods of time doesn't JUST require technique,
i never said that, again pedals are a big factor.

it requires the perfect gear for the individual player. Go ahead and call me a ****ing fanboy some more.
ok, as you wish, fanboy.

To add to that, I still have the Mapex pedals that came with my M Birch. If they were in a double pedal configuration, would I use them? Potentially, but only for genres OTHER than metal. I play metal lots and lots and my gear has to be consistent and precise and exactly what I'm used to for me to perform at my best.
because you don't need precision an consistancy in any other genre right?

honestly... :rolleyes:

pedals are a factor, but you need this factor as much in metal as you need it in any other genre. if you would actually explore a genre aside of metal, you will notice that you will need just as much precision and consitency in that genre.

on the side note, try to keep it polite, people generally don't like asterisks

BabylonWillFall
05-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Oh, you must be ******ed? I used to drum for a church and I'm constantly hooking up with different bassists to do hip-hop jams. I really want to make a legit hip-hop band and play out at some clubs and whatnot. I know how to shuffle, I know feel, I know groove. There are 56 genres on my iTunes and I listen to as much Death Cab For Cutie and Nujabes as I do Origin and Hate Eternal.

Do you not realize that all I'm saying is that there needs to be an extra level of precision with playing metal? That endurance is better achieved on a reliable setup built to ones tastes? This isn't pedals vs. technique, this is technique + comfort + time = endurance and reliability.

BassB
05-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Oh, you must be ******ed?
thanks for more insults.

I used to drum for a church and I'm constantly hooking up with different bassists to do hip-hop jams. I really want to make a legit hip-hop band and play out at some clubs and whatnot. I know how to shuffle, I know feel, I know groove.
go for it, no one is stopping you. since you're so good at it.

There are 56 genres on my iTunes and I listen to as much Death Cab For Cutie and Nujabes as I do Origin and Hate Eternal.

anyone can get 56 genres, simply because nearly every band has its sub-genre. and i don't know either of those bands.

Do you not realize that all I'm saying is that there needs to be an extra level of precision with playing metal?
i do not, i do not see why metal would need more precision, as opposed to other genres.

That endurance is better achieved on a reliable setup built to ones tastes? This isn't pedals vs. technique, this is technique + comfort + time = endurance and reliability.
yes i agree. what is your point.

|DxM| Malice
05-29-2010, 03:59 PM
anyone can get 56 genres, simply because nearly every band has its sub-genre. and i don't know either of those bands.

i do not, i do not see why metal would need more precision, as opposed to other genres.

You don't know Origin or Hate eternal? wow..... they are some of the most recognized death metal bands. Have you ever heard of derek roddy? ( drummer of hate eternal ) John Longstreth? Origin drummer.

Extreme Metal takes much more skill to play, then lets say a drummer for lady gaga.... All those songs do is repeat the same simple beat over and over. Not hard to do or creative.

BassB
05-29-2010, 04:05 PM
You don't know Origin or Hate eternal? wow..... they are some of the most recognized death metal bands. Have you ever heard of derek roddy? ( drummer of hate eternal ) John Longstreth? Origin drummer.

Extreme Metal takes much more skill to play, then lets say a drummer for lady gaga.... All those songs do is repeat the same simple beat over and over. Not hard to do or creative.

i do know derek roddy, but personally i'm no death metal fan, not into the screaming and all.

i'm pretty sure the drums in any song of lady gaga are played by a computer :p
theres just a drummer live for the show i guess.

and yes, of course it's harder to play extreme metal than a simple 4/4 beat for 3 minutes.

drummermuz
05-29-2010, 04:28 PM

creative? im a huge death metal fan, well metal in general, but death metal isnt an overly creative genre drum wise. my reasons? constant double bass and blast beats primarily. theres nothing creative about that. constant double bass is just sixteenths. at least lady gaga's beats have space (in no way am i a fan of lady gaga). and blast beats, as fun as they are, are once again just constant 16hs/8ths. so as far as blowing the creative trumpet for death metal, id say play silence.
same for skill really. speed isnt skill. speed is practice. independence is skill. endurance isnt skill either.

|DxM| Malice
05-29-2010, 04:36 PM
creative? im a huge death metal fan, well metal in general, but death metal isnt an overly creative genre drum wise. my reasons? constant double bass and blast beats primarily. theres nothing creative about that. constant double bass is just sixteenths. at least lady gaga's beats have space (in no way am i a fan of lady gaga). and blast beats, as fun as they are, are once again just constant 16hs/8ths. so as far as blowing the creative trumpet for death metal, id say play silence.
same for skill really. speed isnt skill. speed is practice. independence is skill. endurance isnt skill either.

I said lady gaga and stuff like that is just a basic beat which is easy to do. Fill's in death metal can be really creative. And a lot of cymbal work in different songs, can be creative. It's not all blast beats. You can't deny thats it's harder to play death metal then lady gaga. Check this out, This has alot of creative parts to it, and it's death metal.
Forgot link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcpVB5A0aBA

drummermuz
05-29-2010, 04:57 PM
I said lady gaga and stuff like that is just a basic beat which is easy to do. Fill's in death metal can be really creative. And a lot of cymbal work in different songs, can be creative. It's not all blast beats. You can't deny thats it's harder to play death metal then lady gaga. Check this out, This has alot of creative parts to it, and it's death metal.

its just the way you and that other guy are carrying on its like you're saying death metal is the superior genre in every way.

and i know death metal can be creative, but largely, death metal IS just double bass and blast beats. yes, SOME stuff is creative, but they're so small and so brief. there are more and more tech death metal bands coming out which i think are very creative, not just individually but musically as a whole. Veil of Maya comes to mind if you've heard them. maybe more deathcore than death metal though.

might i add im mostly talking about 'mainstream' death metal which by its nature is pretty generic.

|DxM| Malice
05-29-2010, 05:36 PM
I ****ing love veil of maya, there insane. Same with the old born of osiris. I guess more deathcore, seems to be more creative. And no I'm not going around saying it's superior. I just like it better and certain pedals can help you out in this genre you know? Heres some bands that I think are creative.
*= Bands I really think stand out, Some are not that creative but these are some of the bands in this genre that I like alot, Just a few from my Itunes library ( check out the ones you don't know if you like this music )

All shall perish*
Arkaik*
August Burns red
The black dahlia murder*
Born of osiris
Brain drill*
Burning the masses*
Carnifex
Chelsea grin*
Despised Icon ( RIP )*
A different breed of killer
The Faceless*
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Ignominious Incarceration*
Ingested*
Martyr Defiled*
Necrophagist*
Nile
Obscura
Oceano*
Origin
Prostitute disfigurement
Psycroptic*
Rose Funeral*
Salt the wound
Sinister
Sumatra*
Through the eyes of the dead ( one of my favorite bands of all time )*****
Thy art is murder*
Trigger the bloodshed
Veil of maya*
Viatrophy* (RIP)
Viraemia ( Awesome Tech Death )
Vomit The soul
Within the Ruins*
Wretched*

abacacus
05-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Coming from someone who plays death metal...

The pedals really Don't matter that much if you consistently use the same pedal. Changing pedals will mess you up, but if you use the same pedal as long as it is in half decent shape you will be able to do whatever on it.

I use Gibraltar Prowler pedals, I can go north of 250. I've capped off at 280 in the past. I know speed. Speed is the player, not the pedal.

|DxM| Malice
05-29-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm starting to get used to them now btw. I just had them for a couple days and wasn't really liking them but i like them more and more everyday.

drummermuz
05-30-2010, 12:01 AM
The pedals really Don't matter that much if you consistently use the same pedal. Changing pedals will mess you up, but if you use the same pedal as long as it is in half decent shape you will be able to do whatever on it.

I use Gibraltar Prowler pedals, I can go north of 250. I've capped off at 280 in the past. I know speed. Speed is the player, not the pedal.

oh yes the point to end all points that.

as for that other guy, you dont think August Burns Red is a stand out band??? that i find really strange

|DxM| Malice
05-30-2010, 12:49 AM
What do you mean? there on the list? i forgot the * I guess,...

drummermuz
05-30-2010, 01:45 AM
What do you mean? there on the list? i forgot the * I guess,...

fair enough. just making sure, coz they're one of the first bands that comes to mind when i think of metal bands doing things slightly differently

BabylonWillFall
05-30-2010, 02:00 AM

I opened for Rose Funeral back like a year or so ago. Was a great show. Very impressed with their drummer and his lack of lazy habits.

Drobac
05-30-2010, 06:26 AM

Derek left Hate Eternal a few years ago.

GTHO_PhaseIII
05-30-2010, 07:00 AM
I played with Krisiun early last year. Max plays heel down on a pair of rusty old single chain pedals and has absolutely no trouble putting out constant and precise double bass at extreme tempos. You will get far more of a gain from your body than the pedals. Yes, messing about with settings to find the sweet spot is important, but the potential gain in that is far less than actually practising and training your body.

DjHouse
06-01-2010, 10:09 AM
You sound like you dont want to practice.

Its what it takes and if you dont do that you will never be comfortable with your double bass.

|DxM| Malice
06-01-2010, 01:19 PM
You sound like you dont want to practice.

Its what it takes and if you dont do that you will never be comfortable with your double bass.

I practice everyday for multiple hours...