PDA

View Full Version : whats your beater lenght?

snoolax
05-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Hi everyone,

am interested to find out whats your beater lenght. Currently i am running eliminator doubles and i i am having some problem to set them up feeling right.

i find that the beater lenght affects the feel a lot more when they are alter a little bit, compared to spring tension, footboard angle and the rest of the set up.

do post your lenght (measured from the mid of the rotating rod axis to the mix on the beater contact point), and generally how its setup.

thanks for all help!

wiirluvenit
05-17-2010, 08:27 AM
I also having a tad bit of trouble making my elims feel right, I want my beaters out more so I have more power mainly on my left foot but it feels so heavy and when I put the beater in more it feels better but I bairly have any power.

eric22
05-17-2010, 08:49 AM
thats a little personal dont you think? only my lady knows my beater length.

PYRRHO
05-17-2010, 09:21 AM
thats a little personal dont you think? only my lady knows my beater length.

She knows mine too.

Jutt8
05-17-2010, 10:53 AM
I did get a good chuckle out of the title!! Thanks for the laugh.

Robdrum2000
05-18-2010, 01:28 AM
I just try and get them as close to the center as possible. Then use the little memory lock things so I don't have to mess with it. Works for me. The Eliminator can be customized in so many ways, it can be tricky to find your sweet spot. Just keep trying things until you get the feel you're looking for.

playinpearls
05-18-2010, 05:47 AM
i'm glad I wasn't the first person that didn't want to mention this on the internet...:D

i would guess my KICK beater is about 6-7 inches from the pedal. It hits a little above dead center on my 22...

snoolax
05-18-2010, 11:35 AM
sorry for the confusion haha, rest assure that the 'beater' i am asking for is not the 'personal' one :D

anyway i gave up using the bass drum (whether center or not) as a judgement as the different diameter of the bass drums makes a big different. like its impossible to hit center on my 18" traveller bass as the beater lenght will be too short.

anyway mine is at 6" exact. is it short? =/

playinpearls
05-18-2010, 12:01 PM
you should probably get a riser for it....i think DW makes one, its puts the kick in a place where you can have a standard length...

snoolax
05-19-2010, 08:14 AM
thanks, what is the standard size for bass drum? 20 or 22?

erwinner
05-19-2010, 08:18 AM
There isn't really one, but I'd say 22" is the most common... I like using a riser with my 18" bass drums so I can use the same pedal set up the same way as when it's on my 22" drums. And I like it to hit near center. I have a little riser by Gibraltar that works great for what I need and was only about $25. But then you have to deal with spurs... I use an old Ludwig 18x16 floor tom and it's original leg mounts hold the old school Ludwig gull wing spurs just perfectly.

BassB
05-20-2010, 10:57 AM
but elec, how do you use the 32" kicks?

:p