PDA

View Full Version : Who mfg'd these???

JamWhore
05-14-2010, 06:09 AM
I have to say, they are among the most durable hardware I have ever seen. They have no label on them, there was nothing about a manufacturer or any paperwork at all.

They came with a fairly inexpensive 7 piecse kit I bought off an ebay store in about 2000. The drums were supposed to be 9 ply, and they sounded decent for the under 900.00 price tag, but had NO badges and nothing to identify them as a brand. They came with Planet Z cymbals (HH, and crash, plus a 20" ride which I still use today, which has only gotten better with age).

I have the Hi hat stand, snare stand, and two boom stands, and they each weight about 6-10 lbs, and are tough as nails.

Anyway, here's a few pics:

Foot:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/myspace_zmanyo/IMG_1297600.jpg

Boom:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/myspace_zmanyo/IMG_1299600.jpg

If ya need more, let me know, I can take some others, but they are fairly generic really. Just really heavy duty.

TalonTsi90
05-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Looks like the newer Tama style, so thats my stab at it.

JamWhore
05-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Looks like the newer Tama style, so thats my stab at it.

Good call, may be.

Looking at the feet, or the boom, or both?

TalonTsi90
05-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Good call, may be.

Looking at the feet, or the boom, or both?

The boom...

barjack
05-14-2010, 02:28 PM
These stands are manufactured by a couple of Chinese exporting companies. They're made with no logos so companies can have the option of branding them as they desire. Ddrum, Taye, and a number of other smaller companies use hardware such as this. You see pedals from this line all the time on eBay under names like "Union", "Pulse", and "GP". In my travels through Europe, I noticed that this gear is much more prevalant there than in North America. European "Union" pedals even have a red DW-looking baseplate.

I once owned a boom like this that was branded by Percussion Plus. It was very high quality, and the parts were all fully compatible with my Pearl stands. I like to mix and match my tops and bases depending on what I'm playing.

Though they probably don't offer this exact configuration with the sonor-style feet, you can still get heavy duty generic stands like this on eBay under names like "Paco" and "Percussion Plus".

JamWhore
05-14-2010, 02:38 PM
These stands are manufactured by a couple of Chinese exporting companies. They're made with no logos so companies can have the option of branding them as they desire. Ddrum, Taye, and a number of other smaller companies use hardware such as this. You see pedals from this line all the time on eBay under names like "Union", "Pulse", and "GP". In my travels through Europe, I noticed that this gear is much more prevalant there than in North America. European "Union" pedals even have a red DW-looking baseplate.

I once owned a boom like this that was branded by Percussion Plus. It was very high quality, and the parts were all fully compatible with my Pearl stands. I like to mix and match my tops and bases depending on what I'm playing.

Though they probably don't offer this exact configuration with the sonor-style feet, you can still get heavy duty generic stands like this on eBay under names like "Paco" and "Percussion Plus".

We need to start a new sticky n call it "Stump the Barjack". ;)

Thanks man!

Black_Magic1514
05-14-2010, 09:44 PM
I have used a boom stand similar to this on a Pulse drum set that a friend of mine owned. It is very solid and I used it for my 20" k custom dry ride and suspended my 16" A custom crash off to the side. On top of the crash was an 8" splash.The ride had a 12" Wuhan china on top. No problems at all. The wing nut that holds the boom in place can be hard to loosen at times since I like to crank down on stands that hold my babies.

JamWhore
05-15-2010, 10:33 AM
I have used a boom stand similar to this on a Pulse drum set that a friend of mine owned. It is very solid and I used it for my 20" k custom dry ride and suspended my 16" A custom crash off to the side. On top of the crash was an 8" splash.The ride had a 12" Wuhan china on top. No problems at all. The wing nut that holds the boom in place can be hard to loosen at times since I like to crank down on stands that hold my babies.

Yeah, one of mine has the leg collar nut stripped. But they are so tight anyway, it stays in whatever position I put it in even without the nut.

And yes, the collar nut can be hard to loosen, and so can the boom nut.

But they are really solid. The kit they came with only had one bass drum and four toms, so it also came with two brackets, that are also rather nice, not chrome, but solid, and the cymbal stands were meant to hold the extra two toms.