PDA

View Full Version : ? What Happened? Help!

Pet The Sky
10-25-2008, 04:30 PM
So heres the thing that makes me pounder, I play the quads, and well i have been using the same head until two weeks ago since the two layers came apart and sounded dead. so we changed the head (8'') It was freezing out and while playing the halftime show the top layer of the head just cracked right across.

So we changed it again, this past game it poured out and the head got a ton of water in between the layers so we changed it for our "competition today. during out show part on the first song this new head suddenly cracked and i was hardly playing it. WHAT IS GOING ON? is this just a bad batch from the company?

We had one 8'' head extra left from last year (I'm guessing that this was the one with the water in it since the rest of the players had water in theirs and this one didn't crack) but before marching band this year my band director ordered 4 extra 8'' heads and I'm wondering if they are the ones that cracked? is it a bad batch from the company? this has never happened before i don't think

The head are (and they are great heads too) Remo Ebony Pinstripe

vicfirthrules10
10-26-2008, 10:36 AM
well up until you said it hasn't done this before i was gonna either something wrong with the drum shell or you might just be overtightening it right away. but idk.