PDA

View Full Version : Double pedal advice

onthethrone
07-24-2003, 04:56 AM
Just ordered my sessions kit. One of the first upgrades I want to make is a double bass pedal. I would appreciate any advice on a good mid-price pedal. I've heard the Tama Iron Cobra is good, but what about any of the Pearl pedals?
Would appreciate any advice or suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

devoteddrummer
07-24-2003, 06:15 AM
Do a Search
It has been covered too many times recently

onthethrone
07-24-2003, 06:48 AM
Sorry, new to the forum.
Thanks.

devoteddrummer
07-24-2003, 07:38 AM
Well maybe I came down a bit hard on you.....:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forums!

Raymond Massey
07-30-2003, 04:19 PM
Pearl’s PowerShifter Eliminator pedal comes standard with four cams, each with a unique shape and all interchange at the push of a button thus giving the Eliminator the action and feel of four different pedals for the price of one!

for more info see: http://www.pearldrum.com/pedals.asp

However, I recommend trying a few different pedals to find the right one - the most important thing is that you feel comfortable.

onthethrone
07-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Thanks...that's the kind of info I was looking for.

onthethrone
07-30-2003, 07:05 PM
I currently have the P-101 Powershifter pedal that is stock with the Sessions kits. I saw that Pearl makes an add-on for their single pedals to convert them to doubles.

Any comments, good or bad, on these add-on pedals?

higgz
08-07-2003, 11:42 PM
i was a single pedal guy for ove 20 years . . i finally gave in when i started playing a lot of dave matthews covers and realized i just couldnt do all the things carter was doing with a single pedal . .

id been using a dw 5000 and since i was not really sure about the whole idea of a dbl pedal, i didnt want to shell out big bucks for one . . guitar center ran an add for the tama iron cobra JR dbl kick for under $190 so i got one . .

bottom line is that i love the new pedal (although it's taking a while to get used to) and it's comparable in feel, and quality to my old dw . . in addition, it came with a case, which is nice.

bottom line is, from my experience, the tama iron cobra junior is a quality pedal for significantly less $ than the top end hardware . .

(ps . . i gig 3-4 times a week, so it gets used and abused.)

onthethrone
08-08-2003, 12:32 AM
Thanks.

Jamie
08-08-2003, 06:11 AM
The eliminator is the best pedal I have ever used, I'm buying one soon. Make sure you try an eliminator if you dont try any others, because it is a fantastic pedal.