PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!...Teal Blue Woodgrain SRX

Voxvendor
07-23-2003, 08:32 PM
I found, at my local dealer a Teal Blue Woodgrain SRX, all the sizes I want, it's absolutely gorgeous... What confuses me, is, that according to the Pearl Website, the SRX drums are not available in this colour..

Is this a new addition to the colour palette or something?

I see that the masters come in Teal Blue, but not the sessions..

I'm pretty sure the metal badges say "Session Custom, 100% maple"

(BTW) I am picking them up tommorow, can't wait!

Joe

joeythedrummer
07-23-2003, 08:52 PM
The Prestige Session Selects had a color that was very similar if not the same as the SRX's Dusk Blue.

The SRX series badges will read "100% Maple". The Prestige Session Selects ( I believe ) read as Prestige Session. The Prestige Sessions are a combination of Maple and Mahogany and the SRX's are, as the badges read, 100% Maple.

PearlMastersPunk
07-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Im pretty sure its a Pearl prestige session Select, WITH Maple/Mahognay/Maple ply's if its in the coloer "TEAL MIST" that is now discontinued

Voxvendor
07-24-2003, 06:09 AM
So, even though the tags say "Session Custom" and "100% Maple", I should assume these are maple/mahogany-ply Prestige's now???

Now, im even more confused... LOL

Thanks for the help though.

Joe

PearlMastersPunk
07-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Voxvendor
So, even though the tags say "Session Custom" and "100% Maple", I should assume these are maple/mahogany-ply Prestige's now???

Now, im even more confused... LOL

Thanks for the help though.

Joe If they say that then they are 100% MAPLE shells SRX Session Custom's:) \

Voxvendor
07-24-2003, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I just got them, they are in the brand new SRX catalog...I guess Pearls website hasn't been updated in a while..

The colour I got is a new colour in the brand new catalog, and not even on the site yet..... I can't remember the name of the colour.. It's sort of woodgrain teal, but had a fancier name to it... like Sea breeze blue or something LOL

I will find out the exact colour designation and post some pics of them this week.

Joe

Voxvendor
07-24-2003, 07:13 PM
Ohh, they are right beside me, and just as a side note, the tags say... "Custom Session, All Maple Shell" then there is a serial number and a teeeeenie, "Made in taiwan"

Joe

PearlDrummer52
07-24-2003, 08:11 PM
dont tell me they got new colors i just ordered srx's

Voxvendor
07-24-2003, 08:31 PM
I'm in canada so maybe we get a different choice up here or something... Hmmm

I will let ya's know in the next day or so, what colour my kit is, and what other colours are available..

Joe

joeythedrummer
07-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Congrats man!!!! What are the sizes?

Ringo
07-24-2003, 09:38 PM
About '96 I got my first masters kit in teal mist, back then it was a SRX colour, and I custom ordered the masters in it.

Teal mist wasn't available on SRX anymore last time I checked, have a think about how old that kit you were looking at is, it may have been made prior to the discontinuation of Teal mist as a colour.

rimshot354
07-26-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by joeythedrummer
The Prestige Session Selects had a color that was very similar if not the same as the SRX's Dusk Blue.

The SRX series badges will read "100% Maple". The Prestige Session Selects ( I believe ) read as Prestige Session. The Prestige Sessions are a combination of Maple and Mahogany and the SRX's are, as the badges read, 100% Maple.

I have that kit in that color 8,10,12,14,16and 2 22 kicks..... I will sell em to ya

Voxvendor
07-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Guys, I already got the kit on Thursday of last week, and the salesguy showed me the 2003 Catalog and the colour is in there and available....So, I know it's not old stock..... I'm going to see him next wednesday, so I will ask to see the catalog again so I can see what the exact name of the colour is.

BTW, It sounds, and looks like $100000000000, I love it... The Badges say "All Maple Shell"

Heres the sizes...
22" x 18" Bass Drum
5-1/2" x 14" Snare
10" x 8" Tom
12" x 9" Tom
14" x 12" Tom

I got All Zildjian "A Customs" to go with it...Time to retire the B8's

I will post pics, and sounds next week (I own a recording studio)

Joe

Raymond Massey
08-08-2003, 04:22 PM
I think you have #285 Dusk Blue - because the Badge says 100% Maple.

The last year we offer #125 Teal Blue was 2000 - that shell was a Maple/Mahogany/ Maple shell - really sounded good with the Mahogany center plys- both kits are really killer!