PDA

View Full Version : Tenor pad

Tommyboy79
07-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm gonna get a tenor pad and was wondering what your opinions are. I want the Vic Firth heavyhitter because it's got a good reputation. But I found this new pad, it's calld the Quad Mod. Have any of you heard of it? If you have would you suggest it over the heavyhitter? Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

If you haven't seen the Quad Mod here is the website, tell me what you think of it.

http://modquad.stevensdrum.com/

Redeye
07-09-2008, 03:17 PM
that mod quad pad looks pretty good...but I dont know how the pads themselves feel.

can't go wrong with a heavy hitter w/ laminates.

Adam Jones
07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I think I might have to order one of those mod quads that is the best tenor pad design I have ever seen... and if they don't come with laminants I am sure you could easily put the Heavy Hitter laminants on it... That is what I did with my Reel Feel pad.

JimiThing
07-09-2008, 09:25 PM
HeavyHitter ftw.

It's almost attached to me at the hip.

cavaliersfan
08-06-2008, 01:15 AM
I personally like any Drum pad. For tenors i prefer any pad that has 2 spocks. But the tenor pads are mighty expensive. Heavy hitter is nice

David Hollywood
08-06-2008, 10:50 AM
People really seem to dig the feel of the Vic Firth pads. They are pretty cool but they are a bit hard to travel with since they are attached to a giant board. If that Quad Mod feels good, that might be the way to go...

Talon
08-07-2008, 10:29 PM
HeavyHitter FTW!

I can throw mine in the back of my car and stack tons of junk on top of it, definitely not hard to travel with. Plus it has Purple Paint, and that is magical stuff!

Chubby
04-21-2009, 11:08 PM
I do enjoy my heavy hitter..but I had another pad that did the trick just fine. I'm pretty sure just about anything with 5 pads on it will help.

Mr. Hadouken
05-06-2009, 12:15 AM
I actually made my own, Bought a nice i'm guessing 1/3 inch thick 6x4 or 4x6. Then grabbed some bathroom tile flooring (the rubberish stuff). and cut the board some, and made circles out of the tile. I'll take a picture later. Its very nice actually.