PDA

View Full Version : DW 5000 Double pedal.

AC_DC_ROCK
06-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Now this might sound like a really stupid thing to say but.....

My pedals have never felt right to me. I have adjusted the spring tension but i always get this kinda of double bounce from it when i play them. The drum has a vent in the reso so its not that. I find it increasingly hard to play double strokes on it and they make me sound sloppy, when i know im better!

If someone could shed some light on it i would be so happy. At the moment im thinking or getting new pedals but if im doing something fundermentally wrong and it can be fixed then id be much happier!

Thanks, Lou :cool:

JJ kay slay
06-27-2008, 04:19 PM
If you decide to sell them, ill buy em. =]

Cinematic Sam
06-27-2008, 04:43 PM
It sounds like your batter head is probably too tight. Let us know.

ricohorton
06-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Now this might sound like a really stupid thing to say but.....

My pedals have never felt right to me. I have adjusted the spring tension but i always get this kinda of double bounce from it when i play them. The drum has a vent in the reso so its not that. I find it increasingly hard to play double strokes on it and they make me sound sloppy, when i know im better!

If someone could shed some light on it i would be so happy. At the moment im thinking or getting new pedals but if im doing something fundermentally wrong and it can be fixed then id be much happier!

Thanks, Lou :cool:you may need to have a look at your foot technique? if you have a teacher have him look at your feet when you play. are you releasing the board when you play or are you burying the stroke? there are a lot of factors involved such tension of the batter head and spring tension and beater distance from the head. try set your beaters at 6-7 inches from the batter head. then set your spring tension medium loose with some pedals the more tension you have on the springs the more bounce back onto the batter there is as the beater rebounds faster than your foot can release it. set the batter head approximately medium tension. concentrate on practice releasing the board at the end of a stroke.

AC_DC_ROCK
06-28-2008, 03:46 AM
The head is tighend to the lowest pitch and is about 1 to 1/2 turns on each lug tops. So it looks like my foot technique doesnt it! i dont have a teacher, im totally self taught so any tips would be fantastic.

I think the spring tension is set quite high and i just measured the distance from the beaters and they are approx 7 inches away from the head.

Thanks for all your assistance so far! :)

Cinematic Sam
06-28-2008, 04:07 AM
Try playing off of the head, and not into it. Playing 'into' the head (through the head) will cause unwanted, forced rebound from the head to the beater.

Diofter
06-28-2008, 04:51 AM
How long do you have it? Some people need more time to adapt than other. Maybe try slow and then raise the speed to get the new feel from your pedal.

AC_DC_ROCK
06-28-2008, 01:10 PM
I have had my 5000's for 4 years now. Over the time ive just played but now i have everything how i want it, the pedals really stick out and i want to sort it. If im honest i think when i first got it i just took it out the box and didnt do anything to it...im not really in the no with setting them up or anything...iv searched google for help but didnt have much luck really. I think this is partly due to the lack of setting up to begin with and my foot work.

wreck one
07-02-2008, 07:17 AM
I would take your pedals and kick drum off your kit and take your time to adjust everything. I don't know about the 5000's but I think you can adjust just about anything. If you still the manual, see what can be adjusted. I doubt your problem is with the pedals, but more likely technique or failure to adjust the pedals.