PDA

View Full Version : Best Indoor WGI show of all time???

Rudy Gowern
06-18-2008, 01:22 AM
What is your choice for the best WGI indoor percussion show of all time? Any class, any year...

xscraper
06-18-2008, 02:20 AM
IDK if its the best line of all time.. but my all time fav. is RCC 2002 sound of silence. It was a milestone show. It was more then just a show. It had a purpose, a reason. Plus that whole line could throw down. Amazing show. I get chills still thinking about it

icleangrandmas
06-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Mystique '04 - SE7EN
Northglenn '98(?) - The Art of Chess

Both of those shows pretty much define the activity for me.

They're both well-rounded with impressive musical, visual, and performance aspects.

Plus, MCM's quadline that year absolutely killed it.

-Clay

Jeffrey.
06-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Mystique '04 - SE7EN

-Clay

Bingo!

WRiddell83
06-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Mystique '04 - SE7EN

This is the show I use to introduce people to the activity. Solid concept, sweet vis, tons of clean notes... What's not to love?

icleangrandmas
06-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Hunter's snare solo in the beginning is something to be marveled at.

So good.

That show made me want to stay in this activity.

-Clay

scott47
06-24-2008, 02:22 AM
MCM 2004, hands down. They show that you don't need excessive ramming and gimmicks to put on a real show. A lil' metal helps too!

xfyre
07-01-2008, 11:41 AM
i haven't seen that many, but of the ones i have seen, i would say Center Grove HS 2005 (i think?). it was their Halo show. that was one of the coolest shows i had ever seen.

davidrums
07-19-2008, 08:22 PM
wow, no mcm 06'ers? but 04' in general was a hellofa year. my favs would be

mcm 04
mcm 06
rcc 04
rx 04
james logan 04

old school

carolina thunder 99' music for the holocaust, my high school drill writer wrote the drill for that show, and my old drum teacher marched that year.

mcm 01" strength & honor

bk 00" earth water, and fire

if you were wondering i own almost every wgi dvd

D_H
08-11-2008, 11:45 PM
for real mystique's 08 pit was the best ive ever seen. percise and solid technique down the line. i dug their 07 show a little more though. steve reich's electric counterpoint was interesting put into an indoor show.

davidrums
08-19-2008, 06:10 PM
YES! 07 mcm=TIGHT ***** *****! ever since i started to listen to reichs music, i always wanted to hear it as an inoor show, or an outdoor show for that matter. the 3rd and 5th movment of sextet was a good choice of music i think, along with ec of course. i think they should took it all the way in 07, im not a fan of rcc that year.

sound quality
09-10-2008, 12:54 AM
I have not seen WGI live for some time( years ) just some youtube video. I gotta put mid to late 90's Ponderosa H.S. from Colorado ( taught by Steve Yates) on here. They played their buts off while running and jumping and dancing. And that tenor line ... man.

Jeffrey.
09-30-2008, 02:15 PM
ooooh I can't wait for mcm 09!!!

arrogantt
11-06-2008, 01:21 AM
I have not seen WGI live for some time( years ) just some youtube video. I gotta put mid to late 90's Ponderosa H.S. from Colorado ( taught by Steve Yates) on here. They played their buts off while running and jumping and dancing. And that tenor line ... man.

word up on that ;)

steve yates is a beast! he could put a show together that was heavy in the books, and put a smile on the face of the crowd! and he let us write our own solos :D

miss those days, haha

Jeffrey.
05-29-2009, 11:20 AM
ooooh I can't wait for mcm 09!!!

yup best show ever.

Mr. Intensity
06-02-2009, 02:02 PM
yup best show ever.

I don't know if it was the best show ever, it was certainly an exceptionally well done show, I honestly thought they would have beaten out RCC.

I liked RX's 09 show alot, as well as RCC's 07 and 08 shows, I just got into them way more than alot of the other groups.

Jeffrey.
06-04-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't know if it was the best show ever, it was certainly an exceptionally well done show, I honestly thought they would have beaten out RCC.

I liked RX's 09 show alot, as well as RCC's 07 and 08 shows, I just got into them way more than alot of the other groups.

Mcm '09 is definately my favorite show.
Yeah they definately deserved to be ahead of RCC; their front ensemble did absolutely nothing.

yeah I like 'touch' way more than 'gone'. touch was such a great show.

Mr. Intensity
06-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Mcm '09 is definately my favorite show.
Yeah they definately deserved to be ahead of RCC; their front ensemble did absolutely nothing.

yeah I like 'touch' way more than 'gone'. touch was such a great show.

Agreed, RCC was kinda lacking big time. I think it's safe to say MCM has one of the most musical pits of the IWP division, I just love listening to them.

I too liked "Touch" way more than "Gone", everything was just, better I think. Crazy notes too, it's been a chore trying to transcribe their snare book.

Jeffrey.
06-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Agreed, RCC was kinda lacking big time. I think it's safe to say MCM has one of the most musical pits of the IWP division, I just love listening to them.

I too liked "Touch" way more than "Gone", everything was just, better I think. Crazy notes too, it's been a chore trying to transcribe their snare book.

yeah it had nice uhh GE I guess and cool effects. haha.
MCM has the most musical battery book also imo.

yeah X sure can play, not really musically though. but I love their notes still.
ooh care to share when you're done??:D

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 01:40 AM
yeah it had nice uhh GE I guess and cool effects. haha.
MCM has the most musical battery book also imo.

yeah X sure can play, not really musically though. but I love their notes still.
ooh care to share when you're done??:D

Sure man, hook me up with your email and I'll send you everything. I've got the whole show, done. Now, of course, it's a transcription, but I'm pretty sure I got everything in there that I could hear.

I think X can play musically, but they still have a ways to go before they reach MCM's level, I mean, X is still a baby compared to MCM.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Sure man, hook me up with your email and I'll send you everything. I've got the whole show, done. Now, of course, it's a transcription, but I'm pretty sure I got everything in there that I could hear.

I think X can play musically, but they still have a ways to go before they reach MCM's level, I mean, X is still a baby compared to MCM.

[email protected]
thanks!!

yeah good point.

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 03:48 PM
[email protected]
thanks!!

yeah good point.

Cool, I just sent off the email, you should have it soon.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 06:11 PM
thanks man. I appreciate it.

I wish I had something to give you in return, but I don't have anything. haha.

kinda of sad I don't have any mcm music, since my snare tech marched there for three years haha.

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 06:15 PM
thanks man. I appreciate it.

I wish I had something to give you in return, but I don't have anything. haha.

kinda of sad I don't have any mcm music, since my snare tech marched there for three years haha.

Haha, it's cool man, I've got a bunch of stuff, so no worries. You should hit up your tech for music, haha, I'm sure he could just write out every note he ever played.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Haha, it's cool man, I've got a bunch of stuff, so no worries. You should hit up your tech for music, haha, I'm sure he could just write out every note he ever played.

ok cool.
haha yeah I tried asking him for some, but he said he could just teach it to me..

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 06:19 PM
ok cool.
haha yeah I tried asking him for some, but he said he could just teach it to me..

Nice, that's how my old snare tech is. I'll go up to my old high school to teach a few lessons and he'll come over and say, "Boo-boo, I'ma learn you somethin'."

He's a major reason for me wanting to march corps.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Nice, that's how my old snare tech is. I'll go up to my old high school to teach a few lessons and he'll come over and say, "Boo-boo, I'ma learn you somethin'."

He's a major reason for me wanting to march corps.

haha.

what corps did you march?

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 07:00 PM
haha.

what corps did you march?

Well, I was almost a member of the Cavaliers this year, I was one of the last cuts for the snare line. Last year I was going to march at Crossmen, but I got sick and missed a camp, so I got cut. Bummer. I'm auditioning for Crossmen, Bluecoats, and possibly Cavaliers again in the fall; now that I have some solid connections at X-Men, I should be able to get a snare spot.

What about you, any chances you'll be marching?

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, I was almost a member of the Cavaliers this year, I was one of the last cuts for the snare line. Last year I was going to march at Crossmen, but I got sick and missed a camp, so I got cut. Bummer. I'm auditioning for Crossmen, Bluecoats, and possibly Cavaliers again in the fall; now that I have some solid connections at X-Men, I should be able to get a snare spot.

What about you, any chances you'll be marching?

wow. that's pretty cool. good luck next year!

yeah there's a chance I will march. not until I get out of high school. well knows. I'm not really doing anything this summer, so I may be willing to give my summer up next year..
don't have a clue as to where I might want to march though.

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 07:12 PM
wow. that's pretty cool. good luck next year!

yeah there's a chance I will march. not until I get out of high school. well knows. I'm not really doing anything this summer, so I may be willing to give my summer up next year..
don't have a clue as to where I might want to march though.

Thanks man, I hope this fall turns out better.

You really should try too, just going to the camps you learn so much in such a short time. If I were you, I'd come to Texas for the corps that do camps here, Crossmen, Cavaliers, Bluecoats, etc....lots of talent. Even now, you should find a corps that you like and go to one of their camps to get some experience because then you'll know what you need to work on if you really want to march.

Also, try going to a show or two during the summer and watch lines in the parking lot, nothing will get you more pumped than that.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks man, I hope this fall turns out better.

You really should try too, just going to the camps you learn so much in such a short time. If I were you, I'd come to Texas for the corps that do camps here, Crossmen, Cavaliers, Bluecoats, etc....lots of talent. Even now, you should find a corps that you like and go to one of their camps to get some experience because then you'll know what you need to work on if you really want to march.

Also, try going to a show or two during the summer and watch lines in the parking lot, nothing will get you more pumped than that.

yeah I'd love to go to an audition. I've been told I'll learn so much. yeah haha i wish I could go to texas just for an audition. haha.
but I could go to mcm camps next year and not have to travel..

yeah I'm going to a DCI show. already got tickets! can't wait to see phantom in the lot..

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 07:21 PM
yeah I'd love to go to an audition. I've been told I'll learn so much. yeah haha i wish I could go to texas just for an audition. haha.
but I could go to mcm camps next year and not have to travel..

yeah I'm going to a DCI show. already got tickets! can't wait to see phantom in the lot..

There you go, MCM would be perfect for you, haha!

I'm guessing you're going to the Murfreesboro (sp?) show?
I've got tickets for the San Antonio show, I went in 07, missed it in 08 (damn vacation) and now I'm going back. This time I have a few friends marching, so I've gotta show some support for them.

Trust me, Phantom in the lot....insane...as well as Bluecoats. I love watching both of them.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 07:27 PM
There you go, MCM would be perfect for you, haha!

I'm guessing you're going to the Murfreesboro (sp?) show?
I've got tickets for the San Antonio show, I went in 07, missed it in 08 (damn vacation) and now I'm going back. This time I have a few friends marching, so I've gotta show some support for them.

Trust me, Phantom in the lot....insane...as well as Bluecoats. I love watching both of them.

yeah it will be perfect haha!

yeah that one. cool. yeah I know a few people marching I'd like to see.

yeah i can't wait for blue coats either!
didn't mike macintosh (sp?) leave though? or did he ever teach there. haha. I'm bad with names.

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 07:37 PM
yeah it will be perfect haha!

yeah that one. cool. yeah I know a few people marching I'd like to see.

yeah i can't wait for blue coats either!
didn't mike macintosh (sp?) leave though? or did he ever teach there. haha. I'm bad with names.

Haha, yeah Mac was at Coats, but then they had a huge incident at Finals just before Retreat and because of it, he quit Coats, now he consults for Crossmen.

Bluecoats new staff included Mike Jackson, Tim Jackson, Tim Fairbanks, and then some of the guys who were there before.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Haha, yeah Mac was at Coats, but then they had a huge incident at Finals just before Retreat and because of it, he quit Coats, now he consults for Crossmen.

Bluecoats new staff included Mike Jackson, Tim Jackson, Tim Fairbanks, and then some of the guys who were there before.

haha ok. yeah I know about the incident.

ohh ok cool. I was worried they might not be at the same level they were previously without him..

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 08:58 PM
haha ok. yeah I know about the incident.

ohh ok cool. I was worried they might not be at the same level they were previously without him..

I think they'll be just fine, haha, they have a killer staff and I the show sounds like it'll be awesome.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I think they'll be just fine, haha, they have a killer staff and I the show sounds like it'll be awesome.

yeahh I've heard of tim johnson, can't remember where from though.
ahh all this talk is getting me pumped for murfeesboro show!

ooh what's the show?

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 09:27 PM
yeahh I've heard of tim johnson, can't remember where from though.
ahh all this talk is getting me pumped for murfeesboro show!

ooh what's the show?

I think you meant Tim Jackson, he was the tenor player from Blue Devils from 2003-2006 who won all of those DCI I&E trophies. He also marched RX from pretty much since it began. He's crazy good.

The show is called IMAGINE, http://www.bluecoats.com/dci_show.asp

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 09:29 PM
I think you meant Tim Jackson, he was the tenor player from Blue Devils from 2003-2006 who won all of those DCI I&E trophies. He also marched RX from pretty much since it began. He's crazy good.

The show is called IMAGINE, http://www.bluecoats.com/dci_show.asp

yeah that's what I meant. ohh ok.

oh sweet I;ll check that out.

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 09:31 PM
yeah that's what I meant. ohh ok.

oh sweet I;ll check that out.

Yeah, I figured that was what you meant. Yeah, he's pretty well known as far as individual players are concerned. Alot of tenor players look up to him.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 09:38 PM
yeah that's probably how I heard of him.
blue coats show seems pretty cool so far. alot better than last years.. so far.

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 09:41 PM
yeah that's probably how I heard of him.
blue coats show seems pretty cool so far. alot better than last years.. so far.

I really liked last years show, it was quite excellent. But, I think this year will be even better.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 09:48 PM
I really liked last years show, it was quite excellent. But, I think this year will be even better.

yeah that's what I was trying to say. hah

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 09:51 PM
yeah that's what I was trying to say. hah

Haha, it's all cool man.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 09:55 PM
who's that in your avatar? you?

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 09:57 PM
who's that in your avatar? you?

I wish, haha. It's a shot of the centers for the Bluecoats in 2007. Justin Lewis and Niles...somethingorother. I've been a Bluecoats fan for quite some time, and I loved the full shot of that picture, so I thought, why not use it as my avatar?

I'll have to update it one of these days....haha

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 10:03 PM
haha. wow. I'm such a drum crops n00b.
that's justin lewis? i didn't know he was black..

haha

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 10:04 PM
haha. wow. I'm such a drum crops n00b.
that's justin lewis? i didn't know he was black..

haha

Hahahaha, naw man, he's white, that picture just sucks. he was the center of MCM in 2008, the one wearing the headband.

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Hahahaha, naw man, he's white, that picture just sucks. he was the center of MCM in 2008, the one wearing the headband.

yeah I know that.
just looks black in your avatar. haha.

Mr. Intensity
06-06-2009, 10:13 PM
yeah I know that.
just looks black in your avatar. haha.

Yeah, I noticed it after you said that, I was completely unaware of that, haha

Jeffrey.
06-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I noticed it after you said that, I was completely unaware of that, haha

haha that's funny.

JimiThing
07-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Mcm 2004
rcc 2006 & 2009
rx 2008

davidrums
07-14-2009, 09:41 PM
that headband thing....i personally hate it. hes lost A TON of weight since hes started marching, but then again who doesnt? haha

Dynastydrummer95
07-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Rcc 2006, 2008 & 2009

Jeffrey.
11-05-2009, 07:53 PM
the most recent shows that are my favorite are
mcm - 08, 09
RX - 08, 09

I love these shows.