PDA

View Full Version : Vision 8" Tom damage Question...

JonnyOz
01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Hey guys what's up?
So, as I've updated before on the post with the pics of my kit...I got my 8" and 14" Toms a while ago.

However, it was only last night that I noticed that the ply on the 8" tom is coming off. I hadn't noticed this before simply because I didn't look and I havent used the 8" at all. In fact, the only time I've even touched it was to put on the ISS mount and take the pics that are on the forum.

I was looking at the bottom (reso) end of the tom counting the plies just to see if I could Iidentify them. When I noticed that the last ply (on the interior) was coming off, like separating from the rest of the drum.

I'm not sure how serious it is...maybe I'm just being a baby about it, but I was really surprised/disappointed. Not in Pearl, but rather that I hadn't caught it before.

I'll try to post pictures asap, I just dont have a camera handy. What should I do?

I'm going home now to check on all the other drums just in case.

Any and all advice is VERY appreciated...

~Jonny

InSight
01-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I would definantly get it replaced (im guessing you have VSX or VLX) which might make it hard to get a replacement but always worth trying or atleast get your money back. The Visions have a liftime warranty. (dont they)

elfmotat
01-29-2008, 04:59 PM
the warranty on the shell will get you a free shiny new one :)

JonnyOz
01-29-2008, 05:17 PM
How should I go about doing so?

kayaun
01-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Call up your local dealer/online shop you bought it from. They'll sort the rest.

JonnyOz
01-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Sweet, I called 'em up earlier, all is well. Thanks guys.