PDA

View Full Version : Question For Al Percival

BigBurl
02-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Al,

I'm really impressed with the look of the new Vision Series!!!
Very, Very Nice!
However....I am not the least bit interested in a steel snare drum. At some point--preferably now--will there be matching wood snares available for the Vision Series???
Sure hope so........................

Also...why in the world won't Pearl finish the inside of the bass drum hoops on their intermediate level drums??? (I think they did so for just a year or two on the ELX Series a few years back).
IMO, it makes the set look much classier and more "complete".
How much extra could that cost??? Peanuts, I'd guess.
It would be a considerable cosmetic improvement, though!
Thanks!!!

Private_Snowball
02-25-2007, 12:38 PM
i highly doubt vision will make a wood snare with the vision series. they lernt that the Export snare which was made of poplar sounds terrible. very few people can make it sound good. so they ruled out the idea of a wood snare because the birch/basswood composition may not sound very nice and hence they thought a steel snare which is a tried and tested shell material would be a better idea.

i would have the sensitons becasue they are very good snares. who cares if they dont match the kit. its the sound that is more important not the look.

AL PERCIVAL
02-26-2007, 05:51 AM
I don't know if they will make a 'wood' snare down the line for the Vision series or an option to have either 'wood' or 'steel'. It is still a brand new series, things can change. I imagine this combo will at least stay as it is for at least a year.

I actually like the inside wood kick hoops. They have a nice satin finish.
I would like to see the wrapped finish hoops stay with the inside satin finish and the lacquer kits have the hoops completely lacquered.