PDA

View Full Version : Double snare action...

UltraMagnusLRLL
02-28-2006, 01:30 PM
(*Also Posted in the Marching forum...*)

I'm VERY intrigued by the concept of having a top AND bottom snare. I know Yamaha has the MTS, but I wonder if Pearl has anything comperable? The Indoor Snare Drum with the 2nd snare assembly sounds pretty cool to me.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that Pearl Doesn't have anything comperable, so I'd like to try and build my own. I know there are LOTS of posts about custom snare drums, but has anyone here seen a post about putting a snare assembly on the Top side?

If not, anyone got any ideas?

TommySalami
02-28-2006, 02:51 PM
top snares? wouldn't you wind up hitting them? ive seen snares like the black swamp my school has with multiple strainers on the BOTTOM, but ive never seen anything on top

Vivi22
02-28-2006, 03:06 PM
I think he's talking about a set of snare wires that rests underneath the top head. I know of nothing like this for drumset use though, and I have no idea how you'd make a snare like that.

proto78
02-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Boy, wouldn't that be interesting.

Pearldrummer10
02-28-2006, 04:28 PM
talk to a friendly custom drum company like kccd(kansas city custom drums) they make some good creative stuff. they will know the ropes and be able to help you out. it would require cutting a whole in your shell, so there is no room for mistake. i would have a pro do it imo. by the way...this will not be easy by any means..

grant'

philthy
02-28-2006, 05:23 PM
apart from a pipe snare drum i dont know of any kit related one