PDA

View Full Version : DW Edge with Satin hardware

rosmakloma
02-11-2006, 08:39 PM
I have searched the forum as well as Google for a photo of a DW Edge snare with Satin hardware......but found nada. Have any of you seen such a drum? If so, my question is whether or not the 'edge' rings are also in satin, or just the hoops and lugs?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Nathan.
02-11-2006, 09:03 PM
i didn't think dw did satin hardware???

KickassDrummer
02-11-2006, 09:07 PM
i didn't think dw did satin hardware???

Yes, they do. I honestly don't know the answer to the original question here, though I suspect that the answer is no, that the brass rings are not satin even if all the hardware is. I'm only guessing, but I would think that might adversely affect the sound somehow.

Junesong Provision
02-11-2006, 09:33 PM
i don't think they make the sait hardware anymore

KickassDrummer
02-11-2006, 09:41 PM
i don't think they make the sait hardware anymore

http://www.dwdrums.com/drums/drumfeatures.htm

They do :)

Customdrumowner
02-11-2006, 10:27 PM
YEah I was gonna say DW was the first brand I saw and knew about satin hardware. Seeing this thread gets me excited even more when I order my satin hoops and throwoff/butt for my DW shell.

millsybaby
02-12-2006, 10:54 AM
One thing i dont get with Edge snares, is that although you can get the brass area of the shell in one of the finishes - quite often you see people with say black hardware, but chrome brass? Whats the point! Just get it all to match, it looks MUCH better!
When i get my Edge snare i'm going for all chrome with silver sparkle, or all blck with black satin oil - looks wicked either way!
Dont recall ever seeing a satin one though, i've not seen that many satin DW kits to be fair.

spindrummer82
02-12-2006, 01:12 PM
i have seen black and gold but never satin

Big King
02-12-2006, 02:54 PM
There is a used custom DW set at my local guitar center with Satin hardware.