PDA

View Full Version : about time to replace the export snare

ttaM
02-05-2006, 09:47 PM
m export snare's throw off broke a while ago, so what ihave been doin until lately is just pulling the cords really tight, and it still sounds good. well here lately its been sounding really poopy, and i am starting to realize that its time to replace it soon, of course there is one major problem. lack of money. of course i dont want to buy some p.o.s. and have to replace it a year down the road but im not sure if a can afford to dish out 300+ to get a snare that i could keep for a looong time. i know that logically of course i would just replace the throw off and be done. but, lets say i spend 25 bucks on a replacement throw off, hell that little bit of money could have been saved and put towards a nicer snare that i will get one day any way, so essentially heres what i need help with...

i was wondering, what snare is going to sound good with my exports, and also if you were me, would you just wait and save and get a nice snare (free floater, or a custom epiarch). or you can just share your general thoughts about my situation. any feedback will be appreciated!!!

ROBB283DT
02-05-2006, 09:59 PM
A cheap good snare is the chad smith signature. I you want to spend more money I suggest a Steve Ferrone signature or a maple free floater.

Gilligan
02-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Get a used $50-100 Ludwig Acrolite... they are amazing... read the other Acro threads:

drumming4life1
02-06-2006, 04:02 PM
www.amdrumparts.com

Build your own maple snare for less than $200. They will drill the holes for you and everything. You've just got to put it together.

pearldrummer014
02-06-2006, 05:34 PM
the links not working.

ttaM
02-08-2006, 11:24 AM
bump

any other ideas, i dont want a metal drum and was really leading towards a maple, with that in mind, any onther suggestions.....

Stuyou
02-08-2006, 11:40 AM
www.amdrumparts.com

Build your own maple snare for less than $200. They will drill the holes for you and everything. You've just got to put it together.

....agreed. If you are set on maple, then amdrumparts.com will be your best bet if you get a new drum. You can find maple snares on Ebay for less $200 though.

Vivi22
02-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Since you'll eventually replace your snare anyway, it's definitely better to save and buy something good. A Yamaha Musashi is always a great buy (and one of my favorite snares). A Freefloater would also be a great choice since you can easily buy other shells to change the sound. Building a snare may not be a bad idea either, but since definitely go for the Musashi or Freefloater if you building one doesn't appeal to you.

David'2sticks'Gordon
02-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Get a used $50-100 Ludwig Acrolite... they are amazing... read the other Acro threads:

I wouldn't bother :confused: .

David'2sticks'Gordon
02-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Get a 14x4 Premier modern classic :cool: . That is the sanre I want before I eventually get a DW or something

nzrocker
02-09-2006, 02:06 PM
A cheap good snare is the chad smith signature. I you want to spend more money I suggest a Steve Ferrone signature or a maple free floater.

Ah yes, only Pearl snares I see.

vinniepaulrocks
02-09-2006, 05:07 PM
I would go with a free floater.

DaMadBlaqDrumma
02-09-2006, 06:03 PM
www.amdrumparts.com

i was just on that site, i am definatly gonna build my own snare throught them. the only bummer is they don't offer Trick throw offs. i am gonna have to buy that from another site. still beats paying $500 for the smare snare.

Stuyou
02-09-2006, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't bother :confused: .

Acrolites Rock!!!! They are litterally some of the best sounding and most versital snares I have ever played with.

ttaM
02-09-2006, 08:33 PM
thanks for all the help, i like the idea of building my own!!