PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Pearl guys

joeythedrummer
03-29-2003, 01:18 AM
Is it possible to get an 18" floor tom order with a 14" depth? Would there be a big difference in sound from a 16" deep drum? I am considering adding a 18" floor tom to my kit but I'm concerned that the drum may be too deep.

Also, is it possible to find out whether or not there are any Quarter Toms in stock?

Dave Hartman
03-31-2003, 02:41 PM
That would be pretty cool, I don't think you could special order that, and if you could it would cost a chunk of change and take a full year to get, Your best bet would be to buy the drum from Fork's Drum Closet and have there shop cut the drum and recut the barring edge, slap the hardware back on and away ya go. hope this helps.

JEFFa.k.a.ANIMAL
04-01-2003, 12:13 PM
joeythedrummer, the only series that even offers that size drum as an option is Masterworks, and it would cost you at least $800, being the list price is $1600, plus a 6-9 month wait, would it really be worth it?

fastfeet
04-24-2003, 06:35 PM
yeah , chop the big drum up!!!!!!!

PureRockFury
04-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by JEFFa.k.a.ANIMAL
joeythedrummer, the only series that even offers that size drum as an option is Masterworks, and it would cost you at least $800, being the list price is $1600, plus a 6-9 month wait, would it really be worth it?

You can't order just toms or bass drums in the Masterworks line. If you want just one drum it has to be a snare. The only way you can order just one tom or another bass in the Masterworks line is if you have a Masterworks drum set already. Pearl will ask you for a certain number that came with your Masterworks kit before you can order individual drums.