PDA

View Full Version : CB to sessions

KCDrummer2003
03-22-2003, 12:01 PM
do u think that going from a crapy Cb kit to a sessions is a good idea?

fred
03-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Qaulity-wise? IMO I think so but it really depends on what sound your wanting to achieve. Is the CB kit "crappy" because of the condition of it, looks, etc?? Or could it be your playing style is forcing you to go another direction in sound? I chose Sessions cause I wanted a Masters sound but didn't want the Masters price(I will get flack from this comment I'm sure:D ) But go with what you like and Good luck

KCDrummer2003
03-22-2003, 12:26 PM
i hate the sound the looks the quality every thing

xxxDISENGAGExxx
03-22-2003, 02:12 PM
KCDrummer, my advice is step up to the best drums that you can afford -you'll appreciate it more as time goes by. Exports and Export selects for example are awesome drums, but if you can afford an SRX, go for it. As you get better and get more serious about drumming, you'll appreciate the step up in sound and appearance of the Sessions.

I personally went from Exports to Masters MRX (well, my MRX won't arrive until June or July, but I DID order them).

VenusAndBacchusX
03-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by xxxDISENGAGExxx

dude, youth of today is so awesome. and another straightedge hardcore kid on the board. yay.

drummerchick
03-23-2003, 10:36 AM
I did the CB to Session switch a few years ago. I think it was a very good idea! Very happy with the decision. :)

xxxDISENGAGExxx
03-23-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by VenusAndBacchusX

dude, youth of today is so awesome. and another straightedge hardcore kid on the board. yay.

yeah, I guess we're a dying breed. now that fashion-core / indie rock is so popular straightedge just isn't cool anymore :rolleyes:

stand hard, bro

lastperfection
03-23-2003, 12:58 PM
<~ another straight edge hardcore kid

KCDrummer2003
03-23-2003, 06:47 PM
k cause i thought people would go from like a CB to like an export or somethin

Andy
03-23-2003, 06:51 PM
militant straight edge kids piss me off. hey, i hate cigarettes as much as the next guy, but what gives em the right to smack it out of their hand and stomp it out, or kick their *** for it?

VenusAndBacchusX
03-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Andy
militant straight edge kids piss me off. hey, i hate cigarettes as much as the next guy, but what gives em the right to smack it out of their hand and stomp it out, or kick their *** for it?

i completely agree with that. Elitist dickface straightedge kids are lame and give all straightedge kids a bad name. Alot of my friends drink and smoke and I dont sit there and preach and be a **** about it. As long as theyre not blowing it in my face or bugging me to use it its fine with me .

Massmusic.net
03-26-2003, 10:09 AM
An upgrade like that you can't go wrong with.

Brad

Drum1
03-26-2003, 10:20 AM
Good idea, going from a crappy kit to a lush kit, definetly a good idea!

sirfresh
03-30-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Andy

Dude, what? Anybody does that to me they lose a ****ing eyeball!

As Sam Ojo
03-31-2003, 07:10 PM
i dont want to be a **** cause a bunch of my best buds are/were straight edge, but whats the point? really man... your in controll of what YOU do. if you dont want to fill your body with impurities then more power to you, but i dont think its up to you (or anyone for that matter) to controll what other people do, even if it is screwing them up. its the druggies problem (if you want to call it a problem). hey, im not trying to be pro or anti anything, im just trying to make some sense out of this whole straight edge movement. all of the people i know who said they were straight edge are newly inducted fashion-core pot heads and drunks. one name stands out in my mind... Ian Mckay. but back to drums. i think the jump from a piece of dung to a session would be fantastic. i have an export and im seriously considering the purchase of an srx (though funds are limited). good brain food, guys. thanks for the quality discussion topic.

antiviolent
04-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by VenusAndBacchusX

sXe hXc? Holla! haha. thaaat's me.

antiviolent
04-02-2003, 04:06 PM
ahh yes, and militant sxe's are stupid. Around here there used to be a "crew" and it was pretty funny. Cause half of them smoked, and all they did was go to the mall and make fun of people. How's that for a sXe crew? (I was not in this crew)

As Sam Ojo
04-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Ian Mckay anyone?

PogoAttackPunx
04-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by As Sam Ojo
Ian Mckay anyone?

Dude, its Ian Mackaye. If you are going to repeatly talk crap on someone atleast have the common courtesy to spell his name right. He is not a "newly inducted fashion-core pot heads and drunks", it doesn't matter if he broke edge, he never ever meant Straight Edge to be a life thing, it was just bands like Chain of Strength that sang stuff like 'true 'till death" that made everyone thing Straight Edge was something you would have to live by forever. He also isn't someone 'newly inducted', Ian has been involved with the Hardcore/Punk scene since the early 80's and he still is today. Yeah so....

As Sam Ojo
04-04-2003, 11:25 PM
idno, it just seems like... hipocritical that people like you are so against things that have to do with structure and fashion, when you are the one who is just a copy of the next punk or hardline dude. i know perfectly well what the scene is like. in nj everyone is trying to be someone else. but the only way to be truly original and respected is to be yourself, and to worry about your own problems. kicking peoples ***' because they touched some herb is really way to extreme and obnoxious for me to respect a person that does it. and im sorry i spelled ian's name wrong... chill.... and i would think that for the founder of an idea to break that same idea, it would be considered viod and meaningless. that would be like me protesting a war that im fighting in. if you want to believe in something that EVERY SINGE PERSON I KNOW has broken, then go ahead. but just keep other people out of it. dont do drugs.... thats cool for you, but if other people do that *****, then no problem. peace.

PogoAttackPunx
04-04-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by As Sam Ojo
idno, it just seems like... hipocritical that people like you are so against things that have to do with structure and fashion, when you are the one who is just a copy of the next punk or hardline dude. i know perfectly well what the scene is like. in nj everyone is trying to be someone else. but the only way to be truly original and respected is to be yourself, and to worry about your own problems. kicking peoples ***' because they touched some herb is really way to extreme and obnoxious for me to respect a person that does it. and im sorry i spelled ian's name wrong... chill.... and i would think that for the founder of an idea to break that same idea, it would be considered viod and meaningless. that would be like me protesting a war that im fighting in. if you want to believe in something that EVERY SINGE PERSON I KNOW has broken, then go ahead. but just keep other people out of it. dont do drugs.... thats cool for you, but if other people do that *****, then no problem. peace.

Seriously dude,
you've never even met me, seen me, or talked to me before so how can you say i am 'just a copy of the next punk or hardline dude'? Well i don't know what scence you are seeing in NJ, but there aren't too many militant straight edgers here in the east coast, and NJ has a great hardcore scene, i mean just check out Degenericks, or Tear It Up, just to name two. I agree about you and militant striaght edgers, i think its stupid too. I think you missed the my point on Ian Mackaye, he never intended straight edge to be a life thing, so the fact that he broke it after many years means nothing. well whatever...

As Sam Ojo
04-05-2003, 10:54 AM
maybe it just has more to do with people who misunderstand the original idea. if youve ever read "still life with woodpecker" by Tom Robbins, there is a quote in there that explains exactly what im talking about.

deathcomesripping
04-07-2003, 12:47 PM
man i saw on tv the other day that poor excuse for a person fred durst had on a minor threat shirt, and then in a puddle of crap video i saw the bassist or guitarist wearing a shirt?? i thought it was funny, i guess fred is straight edge punked out now brotha!

As Sam Ojo
04-08-2003, 12:20 AM
fred durst is anything he wants to be. i hate to say it, but he has enough money to baisically do whatever he wants. im sure he doesnt care if people hate on him for the shirts he wears. if i had that much dough i would feel the same way, wouldnt you?

KCDrummer2003
04-08-2003, 04:23 PM
(look's from side to side) Isn't this a Drummer's Forum!?!?!?

I dont remmember starting this post saying anything about straight edge this or straight edge that? Did I???

As Sam Ojo
04-08-2003, 09:37 PM
actually, yes. but that was just not the truth.