PDA

View Full Version : which snare should i get and why???

nickyd
03-16-2003, 12:12 PM
i play metal and hard rock tunes. i'm done with the stock pearl snare and going to get a new one.i'm crossed between the tama lars ulrich diamond plated snare or a pearl 14x6.5 ultra cast. i love the way lars snare sound but i also understand what a good sound man and tons of cash can do to the sound of anything. please if anyone has played these snares and can offer input please do

GotMyDrums22
03-16-2003, 04:49 PM
I'd go with the 14x6.5 ultracast IMO, I havent paid much attention to the Lars Ulrich snare. But, I plan on buying a 14x6.5 but I'm probably going to buy a steel snare instead.

newbeat
03-16-2003, 09:11 PM
The lars is LOUD. It would be be louder than aluminum, so if you just want blasting volume above everything else, get the steel. But compare the two and see which sound you like more, you might like the aluminum's sound better. Just saying the steel will be louder.

xxxDISENGAGExxx
03-16-2003, 10:36 PM
the ultracast will be a warmer-sounding, more versatile drum but still relatively loud. The Lars model will be super loud and cutting judging by what its made of and how its made although I've never played the Lars model. I'd go ultracast. I've also been disappointed lately with Tama chrome plating - Pearl does a much better job.