PDA

View Full Version : Rack X-Talk

powermatt99
03-15-2003, 10:19 AM
On a rack, will a tambourine mounted on a boom arm jingle when other drums/percussion are struck? I know this is a problem using stands. i have to have a boom dedicated just to my tambourine. Also, will bar chimes gingle if mounted on the rack as well?

MPCman
03-16-2003, 02:05 PM
Yup, the jingles will make noise, at least that's what happens with my kit.
I've got the new Pearl "quick grab" tambourine, so I could take it off whenever I'm not using it if it would be very annoying.

powermatt99
03-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Looks like I will be holding on to my old PowerPro stands for a while then. Bummer.

Eliminator
03-19-2003, 10:30 AM
I mount my tamb of my pearl cymbal stacker and it doesnt gingle at all.

eliminator

esu.chobo
03-20-2003, 10:15 AM
Hey Eliminator, whats the exact name of your sexy tambourine? :)

Eliminator
03-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Hey Eliminator, whats the exact name of your sexy tambourine?

It's just a generic Rythm Tec mounted tambourine. They come in all sorts of colors and choice of brass or nickel gingles.

eliminator

Eliminator
03-20-2003, 11:33 AM
another

DeepThought
03-20-2003, 01:49 PM
I have a stand that is just the base, and have a stick depot and a Gibraltar GCA for the tamborine snugged up by my hihat. I'll grab a pic later.

It always rattled on my rack, enough to bother me.

Smoke N Drums
03-20-2003, 02:00 PM
Mount your tamborine on a tom arm and you'll get a ton of cross talk. Mount it off a crash cymbal arm and it'll be a lot less.

A drum set a tamborine is a lot like tinitus.......the noise is always there but gets "lost" in all the other sounds of the band.

DeepThought
03-20-2003, 02:39 PM
Heres what I have... my tamborine gets moved about every month, I always find some place better than the last..

powermatt99
03-20-2003, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't be able to deal with the least bit of cross-talk. Right not I have it on the base on an old broken boom stand with an LP clamp. My kit isn't big and will never be, so I might just skip the whole rack idea if I can't mount my tambourine. I like my tambourine about an inch above my hats on the left-hand side, completely flat. I am torn. I am about to make monumental purchases and I can't decide. I guess I will just buy all the cymbals, then find a place for them and the tambourine later.