PDA

View Full Version : Firecracker has arrived!

snare drum guy
03-14-2003, 01:29 AM
A couple of days ago I got my firecracker.I put on a double ply coated head and a diecast hoop on.I plan to use it as my hip hop/rap snare.Like the snares you hear that were programed by drum machines.I cranked it up so it is very tight which makes it dry and crisp.This is my 3rd 10" snare.I really like the shell thickness.8 ply is 10 mm thick.Thats pretty thick so it will project loudly without choking.The diecast hoop I added makes it extremely loud.I will be taking this out on the road for the end of March and the month of April.I play drums full time for a living and I get a chance to try out new equipment all the time.I play in a top-40 band and we do many different kinds of popular music.Miked and not miked.Different acoustics in different sized rooms.So I will report how this drum performes after using it for a while.

remixr
03-14-2003, 07:33 AM
What other 10"snares have you owned?

snare drum guy
03-16-2003, 02:03 AM
I own the pearl 4"x10" 6 ply maple the Tama 5.5"x10" steel and now the 5"x10" poplar.Iuse the steel one for more high end ring.The 4'' is very short sounding and sounds like a loud rim click.I use the 5" for a tight hip hop snare that is a little thicker sounding than the 4".