PDA

View Full Version : A Zildjian crashes

TimY
03-10-2003, 11:52 PM
I am planning on getting a 17" or 18" A Custom projection crash, but I am also going to grab another crash at the same time. Even though I play metal, I am not an extremely heavy hitter so I don't really want to go with the Z customs. I was thinking the A Zildjians might be nice. How do the 16" and 17" sound? I have a 10" splash and love it.

Meluz
03-11-2003, 07:14 AM
Greetings. 17" A crashes are nice. I know there's a plethora of 17"'s in the A Range, but most of them really do sound nice. The only ones I'm not quite partial to are the Rock crashes. They're too high pitched and heavy for my liking. Although The Thin crashes and Medium Thin crashes are nice :)

stavis
03-11-2003, 07:51 AM
I don't like the Rock crashes either, their just too "clangy". The 17" and 18" A's are great though, give a 17" Medium-Thin a try, the 16" might be a bit too small for a medium-thin . Maybe even an A Custom Fast Crash, their a little thin but cut really well. The regular A Custom crash would work as well. Just try out whatever is available and see what you like.

Joona E.
03-12-2003, 08:24 AM
I'm using 16" A Custom Crash (simply crash with brilliant finish) and it works great. I'm not really heavy-hitter either but in some playing situations I must give a good bunch and 16" still protects well.
17" or 18" should have slightly bigger and fatter sound but you must check them before you buy any cymbals. 17" might not sound as good as 16" or any bigger.

zil_zeus
03-19-2003, 12:55 AM
16" A custom crash is the best crash cymbal I`ve ever heard.
You could hit it with 2B stick, me standing next to it, without any ear-plugs and I would just start to laugh. The sound is very mellow, just as they say, "not too high, not too low".
17" model is a good crash too, but it must be hit much harder to get it sound that good.
If you are looking a good pair to 17" Ac projection crash I would choose 15" A custom for quicker crash.

Sandman
03-19-2003, 01:36 PM
Go for the 16" medium crash, nice pitch and decay.

steelgeoff
03-20-2003, 09:01 AM
17" A Custom Thin Crash is in my arsenal and it's a super cymbal, I use it with an 8" A Custom splash stacked on top (cymbal stacker) and they complement each other very nicely.

jddrummer666
03-20-2003, 12:26 PM
I personally think that you'd be better of with an 18" A Medium crash rather than an A custom projection. The medium is louder and if you're a hard hitter there's no worries about breaking it. Not saying that the projection crash would break but i think you'd just benefit more from a medium crash... Just my opinion. I'm a hypocrite because I have an 18" A custom crash... i play hard and there's no damage but i think once i get money i'm gonna buy an A medium crash to replace it just for practices, maybe shows but use my A custom for recording and what not...