PDA

View Full Version : Wuhan China

GotMyDrums22
03-10-2003, 07:35 PM
I haven't heard much of any Wuhan China's, I've heard good things about them, but never actually heard one, just wondering if they're a decent china.

fred
03-10-2003, 07:39 PM
You can do a search on Wuhan to find threads on it. I've heard they sound great but they don't last long because of them being so thin? I play a 10" splash and don't have any issue with it yet?

SKiezws
03-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Wuhan chinas rock! For the price, they can't be beat. They have some sustain, but not a ton...depending on how tight the cymbal wingnut is. It is every but as good as a Sabian B8 or other chinas in that price range.

-SK

kjbetz
03-11-2003, 11:28 PM
The Wuhan chinas in my opinion have one of the best china sounds around... they're dirty, trashy, and quck... they sound great. And they're so cheap that if you break one you just buy another... in fact, sometimes when they crack they even sound better. Check 'em out.

NewPearlMan1
03-12-2003, 02:45 PM
I swear by them even though I break them alot. Very quick and trashy. I don't agree that they are comparable to a Sabian B8, they sound nothing alike to me and I have them both. Wuhan is the better sounding China. I don't even have my Sabian on my kit anymore. With a china, you want that trashy, quick sound, and this is it.

7acres_drummer
03-12-2003, 02:50 PM
I've never heard a wuhan china before either, but from what people have said about them, it must be worth having a look.

Sandman
03-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Well, I've got an old, 3rd hand, cracked, 22" Wuhan china and I like the trashy sound (the crack makes it sound trashier) My only problem is that becouse of it's size, it's rather difficult to control.

SKiezws
03-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by NewPearlMan1
I swear by them even though I break them alot. Very quick and trashy. I don't agree that they are comparable to a Sabian B8, they sound nothing alike to me and I have them both. Wuhan is the better sounding China. I don't even have my Sabian on my kit anymore. With a china, you want that trashy, quick sound, and this is it.

I wasnt comparing their sound, but their price. I was trying to say that the Wuhan is just as good as cymbals of similar price (ex: B8, ZBT). I like em a lot better, actually. I have had mine over a year and it hasn't broken yet.

Sandman
03-14-2003, 01:05 PM
I agree, in that price-class they are the better cymbals.

nealybird
03-14-2003, 06:35 PM
I have a 16" wuhan that I'm very happy with. I also have a 20" sabian AA china that I don't use at all because it was too loud and gong-y. Doesn't decay fast at all. The wuhan cuts well, decays fairly fast, and the sound is good.

I do want to add some more china's too. And I'm trying to convert to all Sabian brilliants. Anybody want to recomend their favorite
HH, AA, AAX, HHX etc anywhere in the 12-18 range?

SKiezws
03-14-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by nealybird
I have a 16" wuhan that I'm very happy with. I also have a 20" sabian AA china that I don't use at all because it was too loud and gong-y. Doesn't decay fast at all. The wuhan cuts well, decays fairly fast, and the sound is good.

I do want to add some more china's too. And I'm trying to convert to all Sabian brilliants. Anybody want to recomend their favorite
HH, AA, AAX, HHX etc anywhere in the 12-18 range?

Anything from the HHX line. Those cymbals rock and have a very "unique" sound. Definetly check those out. (Even some HHX crashes sound like chinas somewhat)

emopunker
03-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by nealybird
HH, AA, AAX, HHX etc anywhere in the 12-18 range? Try the 18" AA Fast Chinese, it's short and sweet.

nealybird
03-15-2003, 06:13 AM
sounding good so far. More, please?
thanks!

zil_zeus
03-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Anyone heard of drum company named Pulse. They make beginner-level drumsets which come with they`re own cymbals.
I recently got 14" top hihat cymbal and 16" crash. They both sounded like chinas. They were so thin that I ended up tearing them apart with my bear hands, `cause they were in such a bad shape (now they are 6" and 10" china-splashes).
The fact is, I`ve never heard as good china sound as they had on them though I`ve heard Oriental china trashes and much more.
I recommend that you to try them if you can find one, they are cheap, from about 30 to 50 dollars. Only bad thing about them is that they won`t cut trough loud music, but they work great as trash-hats.