PDA

View Full Version : next crash

random_jedi
03-10-2003, 11:43 AM
What cymbal should I get next??

I have a 16" thin and 18" Rock.

I think the difference between the 16 and 18 is a pretty big gap of cymbal action, but I'm not sure when to get a china.

what would you guys suggest?

insane65
03-10-2003, 12:38 PM
Hey Jedi--what type of music are you playing? If you are in a loud rock band go with a louder style crash like a Z custom or if it is more mellow maybe a nice splash would complete your ensemble. As far as a china goes--it is a matter of preference whether you want that sound and when. Didn't you just win a Masterworks? Have you received it yet? Pictures? Can you sleep at night?

doc_on_drums
03-10-2003, 12:58 PM
Myself personally, I would add a 14" to have a little quicker crisper cymbal for the musical situations where a 16" or 18" are just a little over kill.

random_jedi
03-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by insane65
Hey Jedi--what type of music are you playing? If you are in a loud rock band go with a louder style crash like a Z custom or if it is more mellow maybe a nice splash would complete your ensemble. As far as a china goes--it is a matter of preference whether you want that sound and when. Didn't you just win a Masterworks? Have you received it yet? Pictures? Can you sleep at night?

I forgot to mention that I have a 10" splash and 6" splash as well. I was actually thinking about changing over to paiste over zildjian, but I am still toying with the idea. I also play rock.

As for the Masterworks, I haven't heard from Pearl for 3 weeks now. They said they'd call when it's due to arrive, but I've yet to get the call. I'm thinking about calling them, but I don't wanna be a bother.

random_jedi
03-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Isn't Paiste hailed over Zildjian?

doc_on_drums
03-10-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by random_jedi
Isn't Paiste hailed over Zildjian?
That just depends on what flavor of cymbal you want. Both companies make some outstanding cymbals.