PDA

View Full Version : bass drum sound

Severed_666
03-10-2003, 08:00 AM
i was wondering if anyone could tell me how i would be able to ahchieve a "clicking" sound out of the bass drum, like in bands such as NOFX, Rise Against, Near miss.... right now i have both heads tuned just past wrinkly, with one pillow just touching the batter head of the bass.... what can i do to get the "clicking" sound im loooking for...

thanx, Adam

Fredzs
03-10-2003, 08:03 AM
tape a coin on your batter head and use the plastic beaterD

dutchdrummer
03-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Hi severed_666

Try using beater pad on your bass drum batter head (Remo falam slam) and use wood or plastic beaters. No felt.

Greetings.

Wickerman
03-10-2003, 09:21 AM
that that "clicking" sound is also done through the studio and again depends on the kick mic u use and how the engineer has it EQ'D. My kick doesn't have a clicking sound etc... but wheni play live or in the studio it does. But Ido like the ideas tho :D

slayerfreak069
03-10-2003, 01:13 PM
You can get that with the ideas in the previous posts but with the mics is the easiest way to do it. Use alot og high end on the mixer and take down the low end. I personally dont like the clicky sound. I like a well defined punchy sound.

rsdrumz
03-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Danmar makes a stick on pad that has a hard disk built in. Hit that with a hard beater and you'll have your click.

Severed_666
03-10-2003, 07:27 PM
i have the Gibraltar double pedal, which is like a DW delta 3 accelerator pedal, is there a better type of plastic beater to use....im so frustrated i have been tuning my frums for an hour and it still has a crappy sound......:mad: i hope when i get my EMAD head tomorow that it will make a big difference

xxxDISENGAGExxx
03-10-2003, 08:25 PM
The Tama Iron Cobra beaters have an adjustable beater head so that it always hits flat against the head - probably a good choice if you're gonna upgrade. I'd personally get a pair of IC wood beaters to help out with the "click."