PDA

View Full Version : lacquers...

antiviolent
03-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Ok, I have tried searching this many times, all unsuccessfully. (maybe I'm not putting it in the right words?)

But is there anyway to remove a lacquer finish? I'm thinking of getting a new paint job on my set, or MAYBE covering it. But!

If I end up not being able to pay for a new finish, what is most effective way to get deeper scratches out??

thanks for anyway reply

- Adam

fred
03-09-2003, 12:26 PM
I dont have any suggestions on removing the finis but I have seen some first-aid in fixing the deep scratches. I have the same problem with my SRX's. Furniture shop to do a restore on it(if you have the $$$) or touch-up paint from a body shop. Hope that helps ya:)

antiviolent
03-09-2003, 12:31 PM
that does sort of help for fixing it... but instead of a furniture shop, what about a wood shop? There's a store around here that had something that looked like it might match my kit. so I was just wondering if that would work too...

fred
03-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Good question. I'm not sure if a wood shop could do anything like that. I mentioned a furniture shop cause they specialize in doing all sorts of restoration and repair and TLC!!! When I think woop shop, I think of starting with bare wood and building from the ground up. I would check with them if they can supply ya with a matching color, but I'd try with a body shop first.