PDA

View Full Version : SNARE DRUMS CRISIS (too many choices)

Bloody_ Sabbath
03-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Hey everyone, well i am having a dilemna on picking out a new snare. I play a lot of metal and hard rock, however I am very picky about the look of the snare drum i don't really like snares with big goofy lookin lugs on them etc. I have a Black Mist Masters Sereis Kit. So if you guys can give me suggestions on what you think is a favourable snare please let me know

thanks in advance :D

xxxDISENGAGExxx
03-05-2003, 09:38 PM
I'm getting one of the new limited edition 10 ply 12.5mm birch snares (5x14) to go with my blue MRX (which will arrive in a few months I hope). It comes in solid black laquer only. I play hardcore and I like something that will cut like crazy and still be sensitive. According to Carl, it'll be loud as hell and from the pictures on the Pearl website, I think the lugs look fine. I don't know if you would think the solid black would look good or bad with black mist though. I think it would fit in just fine but some people hate having two shades of the same color together.

Never been a fan of deep snare drums personally but the Eric Singer would be great if you prefer the deep snare sound for metal music. It's silver sparkle, also loud as hell, and will match up great with a black kit.

Mattz280
03-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Maybe give an ultracast a try?

Les Hammond
03-06-2003, 02:58 PM
You really should try a Chad ! Only 5 deep but you can get such a variation of tones with this thing, you really may kick yourself if you dont try one. Until I got mine I was always into 6.5 or 7 (steel), the chad convinced me that you dont need to go that deep to shatter a guys ear drum. This snare can be as crisp and delicate as you want, or slacken those heads a bit and it will bite your arse ! Try one, they only cost money if you buy , costs nothing to try.