PDA

View Full Version : i've got a question about the hardware that i want to get....

alwayspearl
03-03-2003, 09:29 PM
ok, i plan on ordering either a masters mmx or brx and i want the hardware options (lugs, optimount, etc.) to be in black chrome. but i also want all of the rest of my future hardware, like my rack and boom arms, to be black also. so i was wondering if i would pay regular price or pay extra to make all of the hardware black. and if i can order it all seperately (as in order the set and then later on order the hardware and then get it all at the same time) or if i have to order it all at once. thanks

matt

newbeat
03-03-2003, 10:09 PM
I think unfortunately pearl has stopped doing the colored hardware...I read that they just offered it for a limited time only for sale with new kits...someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

alwayspearl
03-03-2003, 11:07 PM
oh, well i can see why i would be limited time because there's probably not a lot of people out there that want all black hardware but then again i could be wrong. but if that's the case then i'll just have to custom order it. one way or the other i'm going to get all black hardware. but hopefully you are wrong (no offense).

SLIPKNOT1
03-04-2003, 05:20 AM
I dont know about availability, but i recall someone saying there was no extra charge for black hardware, but it will take a LONG time to get?

Monday317
03-04-2003, 06:02 AM
I notice on the Pearl Color Selector, that when you change hardware colors, ALL the hardware changes--stands, booms, everything. I've also seen in a Masterworks catalog, all gold stands and booms. I wasn't sure if that was an ordering option, or just something made up for display.

Being a bright chrome aficianado moiself, I could care less whether stands can be ordered in other finishes, though.

Each to their own, what?

alwayspearl
03-04-2003, 02:59 PM
thanks everybody. hey slip, you need to tell joey that he needs to get all black hardware. that would make his deep purple acrylic ocdp set look so much better and cooler.

SLIPKNOT1
03-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by alwayspearl
thanks everybody. hey slip, you need to tell joey that he needs to get all black hardware. that would make his deep purple acrylic ocdp set look so much better and cooler.

His purple Acrylic kit has since been retired to his basement. But yes, it would have looked very cool.

alwayspearl
03-04-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by SLIPKNOT1

His purple Acrylic kit has since been retired to his basement. But yes, it would have looked very cool.

oh well, atleast i got to see it once. i can't wait to see his new kit. that's going to be cool. but hey if he ever wants to get rid of that acrylic set then let me know. i'd take a loan out or something to pay for it if i had too. later, matt

alwayspearl
03-04-2003, 04:04 PM
THEY MUST COME TO BILOXI when they go on tour again. they just must come here. i'll be devistated if they don't.

Mr. Possibility
03-04-2003, 05:19 PM
I would say to post this in the Masters or Masterworks forum,Carl would be a lot of help on this. From what I remember you can still get colored stands, holders, etc, but it will take longer, and I am fairly sure that you dont have to order it with your set.
I still suggest asking Carl in the Masterworks forum, he is more knowledgable than I am.