PDA

View Full Version : PS 3 14"coated

fred
03-03-2003, 07:55 PM
Anyone use this head for your snare? Let me know how it sounds compared to an Emperor. I had good luck with my 22" bass drum. Wanting to try something different:)

DaveLombardoRules
03-03-2003, 08:15 PM
I can't tell you how it is compared to an Emperor but I can tell you that the P3 14" coated head is a very good overall head. I've had mine for 7-8 months and it has but one minor dent in it. And I hit my snare extremely hard. So it is extremely tough. It is also versatile enough to be used in situations where sensitivity is required from your snare.

alwayspearl
03-03-2003, 09:56 PM
i've never had an emperor on my snare i've only had a couple ambassadors and i think a diplomat but now i've got a ps 4 14" coated and it's great. i play hard also and i've had it for about 6 months and it's just now starting to lose the coating where i hit so it's definitely the best head that i've ever had on my snare.

and yes dave lombardo does rule. his stuff with slayer was awesome and since he's back with slayer now i can't wait to hear the new stuff from them.

eah2002
03-04-2003, 02:44 PM
I used to use only a PS3 on my snare, but they seemed to not last long. I switched to other brands, and just recently put a new PS3 on. The coating in the center started flaking off after 1 3-hr session. Now I know why I stopped using Remo coated heads. Try Evans Generra Coateds...they're better. I am about to try out Attack's Bozzio line. Hear great things about them.