Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: black burst or cobalt fade?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • black burst

25 48.08%
  • cobalt fade

27 51.92%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1. Registered User

Both of these colors are sweet, and the fact that you can get them with black hardware makes them that much better.... i have to say though, black burst is delicious, i'm tempted to buy another kit just to have that color....
    proud owner of SBX in Blue Burst

8x10
    9x12
    14x14
    16x16
    20x16

2. Registered User

erm..i can see the grain of black burst in the bloody picture so yeh..
    but god this is messing up my head..
    and i would possibly choose the green if it had black hardware..but there for me it's too much of a punk,or no doubt drummer drumset kinda style..
    i just need more pics cos the ocbalt ones i've poste dor seen are'nt great ..so yeh..but ok instead of putting why you prefer..put why the other one isn't as good in your opinion..

3. Aussie

The black burst doesn't have enough black in it for me. There just seems to be too much dead white/grey space in the middle of the drum.
    My original band: NO LONGER I
    www.facebook.com/nolongerimusic

My covers band: THE MORNING AFTER
    www.facebook.com/themorningaftercovers

My acoustic duo: THE AKOUSTICKS
    www.facebook.com/theakousticks

4. Registered User

Thumbs down

jesus now i'm hesitating between three..the green is nice but the flash of the camera makes it look much lighter(which is good) but if it's darker then i probably won't like it;;I WISH THEY MADE A yellow fade(black with yellow and back hardware..that would rule i think),cobalt fade like i said before..can look great ..bu tjust under the right lighting..if it's a yellow lighting or very dark,it'll look much different and most probably crapier..
    and black burst i agree i wish there was mor black and also that the fading was more obvious..but i think it's seriously nice(just as any really though) but also it can look like..one black stripe with one greay stripe with one black stripe..
    i need mor epics..if someone can find more pics of the emerald fade,black burst,and cobalt,so that i can see different aspects of the colour through different lighting..that would be very helpful and nice..
    i also like the blue burst in the sbx?! what do you think?

thank you very much for your comments already btw

5. Registered User

Thumbs down

jesus now i'm hesitating between three..the green is nice but the flash of the camera makes it look much lighter(which is good) but if it's darker then i probably won't like it;;I WISH THEY MADE A yellow fade(black with yellow and back hardware..that would rule i think),cobalt fade like i said before..can look great ..bu tjust under the right lighting..if it's a yellow lighting or very dark,it'll look much different and most probably crapier..
    and black burst i agree i wish there was mor black and also that the fading was more obvious..but i think it's seriously nice(just as any really though) but also it can look like..one black stripe with one greay stripe with one black stripe..
    i need mor epics..if someone can find more pics of the emerald fade,black burst,and cobalt,so that i can see different aspects of the colour through different lighting..that would be very helpful and nice..
    i also like the blue burst in the sbx?! what do you think?

thank you very much for your comments already btw

6. let the light surround you

like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

7. let the light surround you

i personaly prefer cobalt fade, and with CHROME hardware. i like dark colors, and bl˝ack hardware doesnt help cobalt fade, there's no contrast, and the lugs themselves look so much better in chrome. more classy.
    i like all ELX colors, but defenetly cobalt is the one for me.
    see more pics here:
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...ad.php?t=80167

8. Forward, Russia!

Cobalt fade wins hands down in my opinion, I just dont like Blacl Burst looks kinda tacky IMO

9. Registered User

i've made my mind up it's ognna be black burst..hehe against the vote..ad if you made the black a bit darker on the yellow drums batero at the top and bottom that would be my dream set!!!thank sso much

10. let the light surround you

^^^
    yup! I know. as I was @ work I didnt do it so carefully (i should've been workin). maybe one day I will. totally agree with you: there's some black and fade missing.
    and good choice! it's always good to make YOUR own decision by what you like and not what the mayority says! ENJOY your blackybursty drums!!