Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. is this a test?

Default Plasti Dip your sticks?

Just as an experiment, and friend of mine had a can of Plasti Dip: http://www.plastidip.com/consumer/index.html , so we decided to take a broken stick to test this on, try and make a Zildjian Dip Stick basically. Well, after letting it dry for 4 hours it actually turned out pretty well, and the grip on it was pretty nice. The only problem was that the Plasti Dip didn't actually fully stick to the stick, so after pealing up some corners, we were basically able to slide all of it off.

Just wanted to know if anyone tried this out. I wouldn't mind doing it to a new pair of sticks.
    sound percussion. peace. gretsch. pearl. now on sonor.

2. I wonder

I tried shrink wrapping some cheap sticks, it actually turned out pretty well.....it didn't peel off or slip off.....i did it over the element on my stove. It does change the balance of the stick though....although out of the 4 pairs i did it with i actually liked the way they felt most of the time...its worth a try. I mainly did it to prevent my sticks from comming apart from rim shots.
    IMG's in SIG's = bad idea

3. is this a test?

Quote Originally Posted by BroKenSticKs
    I tried shrink wrapping some cheap sticks, it actually turned out pretty well.....it didn't peel off or slip off.....i did it over the element on my stove. It does change the balance of the stick though....although out of the 4 pairs i did it with i actually liked the way they felt most of the time...its worth a try. I mainly did it to prevent my sticks from comming apart from rim shots.
    Interesting.

4. He did it for you

i spray painted the butt end of the stick-for grip-and im waiting for it to dry
    ill tell you how it turns out

Z

Jesus loves you

5. ...drums barefoot..

Ive used epoxy resin on completely shattered wooden stick tips, to bring them back to a round shape. Works well, and lessens frustration of having to throw a stick out simply because of a munted tip.
    Drumming for Astaroth

..My Mapex Pro-M with Paiste Cymbals..

Drum Connexions NZ
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    Edited by Metalbuckitz at 6.66pm EST--Reason- too sic 4 joo.

6. is this a test?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalbuckitz
    Ive used epoxy resin on completely shattered wooden stick tips, to bring them back to a round shape. Works well, and lessens frustration of having to throw a stick out simply because of a munted tip.
    Good idea.

7. I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Metalbuckitz
    hahaha...i tried that awhile ago...but i used polyurathane glue (bad choice)..i will try the epoxy though
    IMG's in SIG's = bad idea

8. ...drums barefoot..

Yeah, the sticks are holding up damned nicely.
    Drumming for Astaroth

..My Mapex Pro-M with Paiste Cymbals..

Drum Connexions NZ
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    Edited by Metalbuckitz at 6.66pm EST--Reason- too sic 4 joo.