Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. But, I can't hear the click!!

Default both of my local pearl dealers had no clue

i occasionally drop by both of the local drum shops around here.. ALL 2 OF THEM!! and both of them had no clue when i was talking about the Reference Series. They thought I was trying to explain about a new begginer kit and i explained its b/t the masters and the MW, and they still had no clue. 1of the 2 didnt even know what the MW were... but theyre stupid... i got in an arguement with one of the sales guys telling me that Taye drums were made by sonor... i corrected him with Ray Ayotte but he insisted Sonor, so I left... i hate stupid people like that... and people trust this guy.. NO GOOD.. he should get fired or learn product information before he bull****s his way through it. or at least tries.

but i got birmingham percussion figuring out what i was talking about, now they wanna get info. theyre a pearl dealer altho, the only thing they have in stock is pearl hardware. they had more freeaking gretsch drums than you could shake a stick at. and taye.. and like 100 cb kits stacked up for 450 each.. haha... poopoo. so maybe these local birminghamians can finally get a taste of the reference. i ordered a white pearl masters logo head to go on my ocean sparkle today.. should look *****in' ill post pics when i get it in 4-6months
    You're the smartest dumb kid I know.

2. Registered User

SOunds like it will look pretty snazzy

So, you can only get pearl hardwear? hah. **** special orders!

I have a shop like the one with lots of CB kits... except, they stock EVERYTHING i don't like much. They didn't have 8d vic-firth, they only have a limited range of sabian, aquarian heads and only 6 snares. On top of that, they only stock gretch (sp?) mapex and Tama! Oh, and Ashton...don't get me started on ashton...

3. Registered User

I have a Pearl Dealer near me too, but he is a local shop that is designated by Pearl as a non Masters dealer. He can sell Exports and Forums but no Masters etc. So maybe your dealer is in a similar status with Pearl so he doesn't bother to know anything about the high end Pearl gear
    Emerald Fade MMX kit: 22x18,22x18 10x8,12x9,14x11,14x12,16x16,6.5x14 snare or 6x14 Black Nickel Hammered Pearl Sensitone

4. Throne Occupant

DVCSPL,

I live up north of you just outside of Huntsville. Believe me, it's worth the drive up to Nashville to Fork's Drum Closet and Guitar Center... places that actually stock higher-end drums/cymbals/accessories/etc.

The music stores in my area are great... if you play in a high-school band.
    This is me not littering with an equipment inventory here. :rolleyes:

5. Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by DVCSPL
    .. haha... poopoo.

I just laughed at that

6. But, I can't hear the click!!

i know i have been to forks several times, thats where i bought my green signia's and i bought a set of ludwig classic maple that i still have. i got it for 500 buckerroos. 16x24, 9x13, 16x16. bass drum=cannon. i also got my double pedal there..w00t

7. Wanna party?

yeah I had to go on the pearl site and show the old guys at a store here in winnipeg. Except that they were like yeah gretsch figured that out long time ago

8. Drumming Bum

Alabama drummers unite! I'm up in Guntersville, about 30 minutes away from H'ville. Have you tried Nuncie's in Birmingham yet? I've heard nothing but great things about them, and from the looks of it, they deal with a lot of drums. Other than that, I have no clue where to look for em at. The only place I have around here is BnC Music, and they want a little too much for their stuff... I'm not gonna pay 1800 for a set of Sessions if you know what I mean?

9. But, I can't hear the click!!

KYRAEL... nuncies is BANKRUPT!! theyve been going out of business since arts music shop opened up... arts sucks a dingdong!! gary, the manager from nuncies is still a close personal friend of my family we always go to his house and what not and he comes over for dinner and what not and go check out shows and stuff like that. he has over 400 drum kits nand 1400 snares. he has the largest ludwig drum collection in the world. hence, he is the spokesman for ludwig drums... i love going to his house...mmmm DRUMS WALL TO WALL

10. But, I can't hear the click!!

just got word from gary, nuncies shut theyre doors on the 1st of feb. its a **** shame, one good shop, in the whole city. destroyed by a ****** shop that caters toward low end stuff. theyres only one highend carrier in bham now, Bham percussion. if i want anything besides taye, gretsch or pearl, i have to either travel 260 miles, or just go to forks which is 220... i choose forks, plus those guys are killer up theyre and i love looking at the used stuff.

11. yeah about that.....

the only pearl dealer around me is guitar center so im set

12. Registered User

I'm from the decatur area, about 60 milres north of Birmingham and 30 mile west of Huntsville. Have you guys tried Railroad Bazaar in HSV?? I personally know the store manager at the store in decatur and he says he can get order them for me. As far as the drums being in stock i have no idea where to find that.