Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default cobain is a douche bag

well after reading the "resurect a musician" i was appalled at the amount of people who would waste that wish on kurt cobain.

now after seeing his life story via VH1 lets discuss the good and the bad

pro's
    allright voice
    great songwriter
    good stage presence
    funny, good sense of humour

con's
    killed himself with a wife and son to leave behind=selfish to the greatest extent of the word

i don't understand the math
    one of the most popular bands of the time+tons of money+greatbandmates+wife and kids=omGMGKMGOGG GOGM!!!!!@#!11!oneoneoneone!! my life sucks i have to go kill myself

i don't understand how you can be that much of a selfish *******

guess what cobain, there are people in this world that have actual problems and they learn to deal with it and not kill themselves

well thats it for my rant

so discuss among yourself

cobain?
    douche or selfish *******?
    my kit
    "i just dont get the whole "emo" thing, i mean who could stand the posturing"
    "i dont know man if i had to listen to music that ****** i'd be depressed too"

2. Music = Life

I agree. I never liked him before and once I heard he died I was like wtf? How did he die? And then I got the answer of him killing himself and I actually didn't know what to say. He had a perfect life, chose to kill himself.......Why?
    R.I.P. BloodMagician 1980-2006

*Some say they expect Illuminati, take my body to sleep*

3. Two kicks or nothing!

kurt cobain was an amazing songwriter and nirvana changed the music world like no other band in history has ever done. his death is questionable but in my eyes a murder, he has inpacted alot of people and would be a good choice of someone to bring back

4. U S and A.

Regardless...it is their choices for who they would "ressurect"

5. Behind Hazel Eye's

My friends a huge fan of Cobain. But im Speechless about his death and why.
    Now all thats left of me, Is what i pretend to be.

Official 'Brody Dalle' Fanatic.

www.myspace.com/unlastinglove
    Quote Originally Posted by Demfer
    They wear cloths in Tazmania? :D
    Register Here!! :)

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPeartFan
    I agree. I never liked him before and once I heard he died I was like wtf? How did he die? And then I got the answer of him killing himself and I actually didn't know what to say. He had a perfect life, chose to kill himself.......Why?
    Suposively, he killed himself because of the environmental pressure. I think there is more to it than that. But we will probably never find out.
    I taught Tiger everything he knows...except for golf.

xbox live gamertag: darqwing duq
    ADD ME :D

7. Sean Penn

If Cobain hadn't have killed himself, Nirvana would be no where near as famous as they are today. They are good to listen to now and again, but they are easily one of the most overrated bands ever. EVER.

8. Fast Forward Eats The Tape

Wife and daughter, not wife and son...and wife is a nutjob.

The way I understand it is:

He began to make music as a way to deal with everything and everyone he didn't like...and when he got big enough, he realized that he had little control over it what he did, and all the people he once hated when he was younger, were now the fools buying his records, and now, while he had everything he wanted, he got one thing he didn't want, fame...either he keeps making music and hating himself for it, or he stops completely...well he stopped completely...just not the "right way"

Also, Courtney is a manipulative witch...so maybe that's a factor.

And heroine isn't great either.

I'm not saying I agree with what he did at all, but I can kinda get that he was hog-tied.

But you know, he's not even really dead. He's living in Hawaii with Tupac and Biggie and Elvis. Just ask Reizar.
    Last edited by Joey; 01-29-2005 at 11:28 PM.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by drum_boy19
    If Cobain hadn't have killed himself, Nirvana would be no where near as famous as they are today. They are good to listen to now and again, but they are easily one of the most overrated bands ever. EVER.
    Musically, yes. His songs were almost as inspirational to teens as they are today. It's not the music, it's the lyrics, and the thought put into the songs.

10. Behind Hazel Eye's

Wife Is Totally Wack..
    Now all thats left of me, Is what i pretend to be.

Official 'Brody Dalle' Fanatic.

www.myspace.com/unlastinglove
    Quote Originally Posted by Demfer
    They wear cloths in Tazmania? :D
    Register Here!! :)

11. Registered User

She took all his money too. I hope she goes bankrupt...just like Donald Trump's 1% income.

12. Vastus Lateralus

exactly... I say there is only prolly about 5% or less in his suicide note of what cobain was really feeling in his mind.... you dont even know man.. how would you know what kurt did in his daily life? i mean yeah ok VH1 covered it well alright but that still doesnt show 100% of his life and you can't judge a person like that... yes I personally think it was WRONG to have left his wife and a kid and kill himself but that doesnt make him a *********... -_- just try to switch places with him... people call you douche bag because you left your family and your girl friend/wife (suppose you had one... or if you do for real, fine)... and killed yourself..I'm not really defending cobain's action, but saying that YOU, shouldnt be dissing artists yourself for their action
    Studio SBX Tobacco burst
    |Pearl|Paiste/Zildjian|Vic Firth|Remo|