Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. This is just a tribute

Default Where to get Yamaha Powerhoops?

I was at a gig the other night when the drummer brought in the snare that came with his Yamaha Recording series birch drums. (older kit)

Anyway, this thing had these THICK massive hoops. They weren't exactly triple flanged, but they weren't die-cast either. The tag on the hoop said "Yamaha Powerhoops".

Are these hoops still available, and if so, where can I get them? Recently I have started making my own drums and a set of hoops like that would be really nice for a snare drum.
    Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

2. yeah about that.....

you can get them at the yamaha power hoops store

seriously never seen em

3. Registered User

How much do they cost for 10-12-14-16 toms?

4. This is just a tribute

This is what I'm talking about. See how thick those hoops are? But they aren't die-cast, they are made like the standard 2.3 MM hoops, but the steel is thicker. They might be specific to the Recording Custom line because that's what my friend has, and that is also what this snare is.
    Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

5. Registered User

Yeah, . those Powerhoops, are great hoops! I have a pair on my Yammy Brass piccolo snare, and it really gives the snare some nice punch. Now it certainly doesn't hurt that that particular 4" piccolo snare is an amazing sounding snare. but, the hoops do help. .. Unfortunately,. Yamaha doesn't make those particular ones anymore, . They were from the 80's-90's.

But! Yamaha does still make something called a Dyna-hoop,. .that you can find, and order from Yamaha, and they are supposedly similar. . .Now, personally I don't think there as good as the ones that they made in 80's-90's. But, it might still get you where you want to be. . . Good luck with your search