Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: All Birch Shell

1. Registered User

Default All Birch Shell

i bought an "All Birch Shell" 6 piece set about 10 years ago, but since then ive never seen another set designated with that title. does anyone know if this is an early "sessions" or "masters" series designation?
    Last edited by punkrockguilt; 12-01-2004 at 12:54 PM. Reason: poor spelling i forgot to add a question at the end

2. Lightly Toasted

It's probably an early Masters kit. If you could post pictures of a drum, and then a close-up of the badge, we could help you out a little more.

3. Kane

Sounds like a blx.

Caparable to pearls master series BRX. Except brx now has diecast hoops, opti-mounts, and low mas lugs. But the shells are much alike. and they will sound alot alike.
    ** If you want to get rid of any platinum mist drums please let me know!!!**

Masters studio
    22x18--12x8--14x14

4. Right Next Door To Hell

pm a pic and serial numbers to gene or carl or someone they should tell you what you want to know

5. Land Shark

It's a BLX......... i have the same one.... it sounds identical to a masters brx....my buddy has a brx (so i know) .... http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...ad.php?t=65790 click on that to see my kit... is this what urs looks like???? what heads u got on urs???
    "There is a subtle perfection to everything I do."
    -Ty Webb

6. Traveling Wilburys

Wasn't the BLX a "4-ply" birch shell rather than the 6-ply that the BRX is? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know that there was a 4ply birch in the Masters Series before, I just don't remember what model.

[EDIT] - Correction. I have since learned that it was the "MBX" that was the 4ply birch shell that used to be avialble before it's discontinue in the Masters Series.
    Last edited by bigdave; 12-03-2004 at 07:20 PM.
    MMX BABY!!

7. sunset station

Quote Originally Posted by tofee35
    It's a BLX......... i have the same one.... it sounds identical to a masters brx....my buddy has a brx (so i know) .... http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...ad.php?t=65790 click on that to see my kit... is this what urs looks like???? what heads u got on urs???

Will Ferrell in your avatar is hitting the cowbell to the tempo of the Deftones song I'm listening to.

8. Land Shark

haha....excellent... and ya it is 6 ply. But, what i don't understand is why I didn't ask about the session 6 ply birch. I 'm sure it was cheaper and I have to put the super hoops on the brx toms anyway (the one difference between masters and sessions that im aware of)... I need custom paint too. ehhh whatever, I doubt session birch is that much cheaper.
    "There is a subtle perfection to everything I do."
    -Ty Webb

9. Registered User

2004 is the first year Sessions were offered in Birch. They were previously only made with maple. So, essentially, your kit would have to be a Masters.

10. Registered User

Default remos or evans?

Quote Originally Posted by tofee35
    yep, these are the exact same drums i have, but mine are in blue lacquer. you asked what heads i use...ive been using remo clear emperors over ambassadors and i cant believe how amazing they sound. im also going to be experimenting with evans G2s over G1s. do you have some experience with these heads on your set?

11. Registered User

4 years later i have the same question.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/1300831969.html

In the Email the guy sent me he said, the badge reads "All Birch Shell".
    I was thinkin about getting the 13" Export but the birch would be much better quality...

Think this is an old masters? Session? Vision Blx?