Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Ok, thanks for your advice. I'll already thought about buying an SBX (or better a Masters) but all in all it's to expensive and I need a new set right now (play an old Basix since a couple of years). My Idea (?) war to get a cheaper one with better Hardware and more Cymbals.Wanted to spend 3000Euro (don't know how much this is in Dollar, I'm from Germany). That's what I wanted to say so that you can understand why I chose a set like this...

Julia

2. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedWitch82
    Ok, thanks for your advice. I'll already thought about buying an SBX (or better a Masters) but all in all it's to expensive and I need a new set right now (play an old Basix since a couple of years). My Idea (?) war to get a cheaper one with better Hardware and more Cymbals.Wanted to spend 3000Euro (don't know how much this is in Dollar, I'm from Germany). That's what I wanted to say so that you can understand why I chose a set like this...

Julia
    No problem, I just wasn't sure if you might spend more on the Export in the long run. I know prices are much different in Europe than they are here.

The Export is a GREAT kit, so if you can afford that by all means go for it. The poplar has good attack and sounds similar to birch.

Hope this helps a bit, and good luck! Any more question, please ask away.

3. Not great, but trying :)

Man....... I always get burned..... http://www.samash.com/catalog/showit...onetodaythanks Thnx for the info, so these drums are gonna sound like ****, huh??? I bought a Ludwig accent combo about a year ago, because I really trusted the Ludwig name....... BIG MISTAKE they sounded awful..... I expect this old Export will sound the same..... you think??

4. I deserve this...

There's a solution to all of this.

Right here.
    One more time...

5. Life Crisis at 1 am

Good point, Epiarch seems to make decent kits for lower prices. I dunno, seeing as I've never heard on, but I bet they're nice.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedWitch82

Julia
    I understand the idea of getting better hardware... but you should consider that the 800 series hardware that comes with Exports is very good! At least it's good enough that you won't feel the need of switching soon to 1000 series! With 3000 euro and some attention you should be able to get an SBX shell pack, 800 series hardware, and some very good cymbals, trust me
    Pearl Drums:
    Red Sparkle MMX: 24x18; 22x16; 14x5; 14x6.5; 13x9; 16x14; 18x16; 14x6.5 MHX Snare
    Purple Sparkle MHX 14x6.5 snare

Sabian HH Cymbals:
    14" Regular Hats, 17" & 18" Medium-Thin Crashes, 18" & 19" Medium Crashes, 20" & 22" Classic Rides

7. Not great, but trying :)

OK........... so here is the scoop, I called Sam Ash music this morning and cancelled the order for that archaic kit I then called MassMusic, spoke with Andy, and ordered ex825 black w/black hardware $599 with a free double bass pedal. I think I'll finally be satisfied, for awhile. I'll need to upgrade cymbals, (have 14" hi hats 16" crash 20" ride, all B8's) ok for now....... and do the exports sound cool (mellow and deep) as is??? or will I need heads right away??

8. Major Cubed

Definately new heads, try the Evans EMAD prepack. (Dry snare [ST or HD], G2's on toms, EMAD bass drum head)

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by apctoolfan
    OK........... so here is the scoop, I called Sam Ash music this morning and cancelled the order for that archaic kit I then called MassMusic, spoke with Andy, and ordered ex825 black w/black hardware $599 with a free double bass pedal. I think I'll finally be satisfied, for awhile. I'll need to upgrade cymbals, (have 14" hi hats 16" crash 20" ride, all B8's) ok for now....... and do the exports sound cool (mellow and deep) as is??? or will I need heads right away??
    Mellow and deep?

Try a 2ply head, Remo Emperor/Evans G2. Remo Pinstripes / Aquarian Performance II's might be more the sound you're looking for. They're phat and focused

The heads on the Export are not really good, but they'll get the job done if you can't afford new heads. I reccomend getting a new snare heads, then toms.
    Pearl SBX

10. Not great, but trying :)

I'll def have to wait a bit for some good heads........ my wife is 'bout to kick my ***.... as I've now bought 2 kits in just over a year. But finding this forum has been the answer to my prayers. with everyone's valuable input, I now have a narrow range of choices and set ups that one of which will def give me the sound I'm seeking, without forking out say $5000 for good DW kit and the Peart Paragon set up........ NOW YOU'RE TALKING !!!!!!!! *sigh* maybe someday. Thanx to all the cool people here who so readily share good GOOD info. Thank You..... now, ROAD TRIP see everyone Tuesday !!!!!!

11. Life Crisis at 1 am

peace out dude.

The exports are so nice, I am in love with mine.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1983
    I understand the idea of getting better hardware... but you should consider that the 800 series hardware that comes with Exports is very good! At least it's good enough that you won't feel the need of switching soon to 1000 series! With 3000 euro and some attention you should be able to get an SBX shell pack, 800 series hardware, and some very good cymbals, trust me

I know that the 800 Hardware is ok, but I think it would be better to have a professional Hardware right now. Maybe I'm going to get a Masters in some years, then I've only have to switch the Toms and the Base, you know. The EXR will then be my second set for Gigs. So SBX is no choise for me right now. What do you mean by very good Cymbals? I'm trying to get some Sabian AAX.
    Thanks
    Julia