Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: kit colours.

1. Registered User

Default kit colours.

Hi all I have a question for you all, is there a general rule on kit colours and make of drums and cymbals?

2. The Hardware Guy

No, but there is one against making duplicate threads - especially within half an hour after the first one...
    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2

3. Registered User

chill

4. The Hardware Guy

I am. Thanks for your concern
    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by camptom View Post
    chill
    There is actually a rule...

Anyway, my cymbals are golden/bronze like most cymbals, my kick and toms are red, and my snares are all sorts of colors. I try not to color-coordinate because sound is more important than looks.

Speaking of which, I am about to pull the trigger on an earth ride. They are UGLY cymbals, but I love the sound. Here's a pic.
    Looking to sell my 14x5.5 Ludwig "Blacrolite."

6. Registered Smart*ss

Your drums must be black and brown. Your cymbals must be mirrored. Your brands must be Pearl and Zildjian.
    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think Nik was being cheeky.
    Japanese Tama SCP 100% Birch, Sabian Cymbals, Pearl Tico Torres Snare/Yamaha Oak Custom Snare

7. #38 Stainless Steel

Of course there are rules! There are always rules.
    • Tama drums are only available in white with black hardware.
    • Red drums are louder than others.
    • Jazz music can only be played on white drums.
    • If you play death metal on non-black drums, you will open a portal to hell.
    • Proximity to lacquered drums is dangerous to growing children. They should play nothing but wrapped drums.
    • The only proper way to mount a China cymbal is bell down.
    • Each musical genre has a specific type of snare drum associated with it.
    • Mounting anything but a white, coated, single-ply head on a snare drum will irreparably damage it.
    Wanted : mid-90's Session "SX" Series (SX-222D, SX-214DI, SX-2118; other sizes welcome, too).
    Also wanted: Custom-Z "CZX" Series (CZX-5314ED, CZX-224ED, CZX-214ED, CZX-2118ED; other sizes welcome, too).

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gyorpb View Post
    Of course there are rules! There are always rules.[*]Tama drums are only available in white with black hardware.[*]Red drums are louder than others.[*]Jazz music can only be played on white drums.[*]If you play death metal on non-black drums, you will open a portal to hell.[*]Proximity to lacquered drums is dangerous to growing children. They should play nothing but wrapped drums.[*]The only proper way to mount a China cymbal is bell down.[*]Each musical genre has a specific type of snare drum associated with it.[*]Mounting anything but a white, coated, single-ply head on a snare drum will irreparably damage it.
    You've learned a lot in your time here! Lol
    Looking to sell my 14x5.5 Ludwig "Blacrolite."

9. Good day, Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by gyorpb View Post
    Of course there are rules! There are always rules.[*]Tama drums are only available in white with black hardware.[*]Red drums are louder than others.[*]Jazz music can only be played on white drums.[*]If you play death metal on non-black drums, you will open a portal to hell.[*]Proximity to lacquered drums is dangerous to growing children. They should play nothing but wrapped drums.[*]The only proper way to mount a China cymbal is bell down.[*]Each musical genre has a specific type of snare drum associated with it.[*]Mounting anything but a white, coated, single-ply head on a snare drum will irreparably damage it.
    I lol'd hard at this. A nice little rehash of threads from the past 5 months :-P
    Pearl Export in Satin Black
    6|8|10|10x7|12x9|13x10|16x16|16x16|18x16|22x16
    14x6.5 Snare
    14x5 Ludwig Acrolyte
    Zildjian/Sabian/Wuhan
    LP/Treeworks