Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Music Lover

Default My Future Export Plans

I already have two Export drums: a 22x18 bass drum from right before Exports were discontinued and a 12x10 tom from the 80's. A while back I removed the plastic covering on the bass drum and stained it so that I could use it with my Gretsch toms. I am planning to recover both drums and buy a floor tom and snare. I have to wait for some workshop money, sort of a windfall cash thing. Once school starts back up, I will also get a check for excellent performance. So by the end of August, I should have an Export kit up and running. Now, what color should I get?

Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Gretsch Catalina toms and BD/ Pearl Export BD/Pacific SX Series (snare)/Peace (snare)/ Sabian AA, XS20, AAX / Evans / Pro Mark

2. Registered User

One of my favorite wrapped finishes is white marine pearl. And since it is a popular color, you have a good chance of finding other wrapped drums to match.

3. Music Lover

Thanks! I was thinking wine red or black. Both of those are easy to find. I am planning to buy a 14x14 floor tom but may get a 16x16. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Gretsch Catalina toms and BD/ Pearl Export BD/Pacific SX Series (snare)/Peace (snare)/ Sabian AA, XS20, AAX / Evans / Pro Mark

4. Registered User

Just wrapped my 8 piece Export in Black from Jammin' Sam. I was thinking about white, but was worried about yellowing over time.....

5. Registered User

My vote goes to wine red, but I may be a little biased it is my favorite wrap color, and it is the color I would want a lacquer finish in as well.