Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Premier Artist Birch series Drums....Any good??

hey guys and gals. Im thinking of getting these drums. Does anyone now how they sound. Would they be a good purchase??? thanks.

2. Registered User

Thumbs down

YES !

lovely drums ... premier have got their form back at last. all made in Leicester , England once again ( apart from the cabria series and below ).

3. Registered User

thanks for the reply. What sells me on them is the fact that there hand made in England. I was also looking at the Tama Starclassic Performer EFX, but there made in japan and mass produced and there 400 bucks more.

4. Registered User

Default Premier Artist Birch series Drums....Any good??

Hey all,
    Recently in an attempt to keep prices down and increase
    production efficiencies the Premier Artist series(Maple and Birch)
    are currently made in Taiwan. The original Artist Maple and Birch kits
    that were introduced a few years ago were made in Leicester, England
    at the Premier plant.

FYI

Steve

5. Elitist.

I have this kit, i love it. yeah they are now made in taiwan but i got one of the last handmade ones. Do not fear though i have talked to a drummers who has owned lovely kits like dw etc. And he had bought the new taiwanese version and said they were amazing right out of the box. So i am really pleased with mine, its a birch kit at a lovely price. But it syour choice. I love the deep tunings i can get out of the birch too. Beautiful.

6. wolksvagen

Quote Originally Posted by New York Doll
    I have this kit, i love it. yeah they are now made in taiwan but i got one of the last handmade ones. Do not fear though i have talked to a drummers who has owned lovely kits like dw etc. And he had bought the new taiwanese version and said they were amazing right out of the box. So i am really pleased with mine, its a birch kit at a lovely price. But it syour choice. I love the deep tunings i can get out of the birch too. Beautiful.
    Man that kit looks familar....haha. I like mine and they are great kits but i can't lie if i could could go back i would have taken a session. But these asre great drums. I have always been pleased. Mine was one of the first made as you can see mine doesnt have the ISO mounting. Mine was made in england. I think mine was form the first yr these kits were introduced.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ** If you want to get rid of any platinum mist drums please let me know!!!**

Masters studio
    22x18--12x8--14x14

7. Elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay
    Man that kit looks familar....haha. I like mine and they are great kits but i can't lie if i could could go back i would have taken a session. But these asre great drums. I have always been pleased. Mine was one of the first made as you can see mine doesnt have the ISO mounting. Mine was made in england. I think mine was form the first yr these kits were introduced.

Lovely kit!. I definately wouldnt have got a session mainly because i dont really like pearl (their forum is rather good though!!). But i would like someday to get a sonor or build my own kit, but then again at the time i HAD to upgrade because my old kit was pretty much falling apart.