Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Namm 2014

1. Registered drum user

Quote Originally Posted by BRX rad View Post

God I hope not... Those are relatively new and don't need reviving in my opinion. Pease let it be Masters...
    They've already revamped Visions once. I'd say the shelf life for a line without significant changes is no more than 5 years. Of the current lineup Visions and Masters have gone the longest without changes.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Pearl SMX Marine Blue Fade (outdoor pictures)
    Pearl Limited Edition Burl Mahogany Snare
    Vintage 60s Ludwig snare restoration
    Sabian cymbals and Vic Firth sticks

2. Registered drum user

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post

This.

Ludwig really showed me something with the Atlas concept. From the promotion to the look of the product to the actual performance and design of the line, they really hit a home run. Someone was "thinking outside the box" at Luddy.
    It makes me really curious about Ludwig products. If I were in the market for a new kit Ludwig would be at the top of my list. I wouldn't have even given Ludwig a second look a few years ago.

3. PS4 Whore

I want to see all the new replacement lineups from Yamaha's Chinese drum factory that replaces the Club Custom, Recording Custom, Maple Custom Ab, Birch Custom Ab

I wonder if Yamaha will keep the product name for marketing, and just remove the Handcrafted in Japan emblem, sort of like what Tama did with the Chinese StarClassics

I would hate to see a different name for Club, Recording, Birch/Maple Customs, hell i even want to see a China made Oak Custom (I do not like the Live Custom name....)
    Maple Custom AN (Midnight Sparkles) 4pcs
    Oak Custom (Red Oak) 5pcs
    Tour Custom (Red Black Sunburst) 5pcs
    Rock Tour (Textured Smoke Sunburst) 3pcs

DTX-500K

My Yamaha Drums --- Click HERE

4. J-Con

Quote Originally Posted by spx118 View Post
    I'd like to see Pearl expand their snare line. Maybe some exotics and possibly one piece shells. Just seems like they need to shake things up a bit. Compared to the competition, the line seems stale.
    I agree with this.

Tama really has some cool snares with their SLP line. It'd be cool to see some rad new snares from Pearl in the US like they have in Japan. Nothing crazy like huge air vents, or split shells, or wood/acrylic/metal hybrids, but I like the idea of a wrap on a steel shell. Those looked pretty cool!

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by livingstone View Post
    Let's see. Export is brand new. Session classic is new. Reference just got the Pure. New cajons and percussion last year. Hardware was recently revamped. I'd bet Visions or Masters. Probably Masters.
    For some reason I am leaning towards something new for the Vision series. Of course, anything me win the masters line is all good too!

6. Registered drum user

Quote Originally Posted by spx118 View Post
    I'd like to see Pearl expand their snare line. Maybe some exotics and possibly one piece shells. Just seems like they need to shake things up a bit. Compared to the competition, the line seems stale.
    That's another good possibility. Snares, Visions or Masters seem like the logical bets. Unless Pearl figured out how to top the Atlas hardware.

7. PS4 Whore

I want to see a cheaper Vision Birch/Mahogany kit... I love Birch/Mahogany blend shells, there is just something about the sound I really like. They sound great in the studio.
    Maple Custom AN (Midnight Sparkles) 4pcs
    Oak Custom (Red Oak) 5pcs
    Tour Custom (Red Black Sunburst) 5pcs
    Rock Tour (Textured Smoke Sunburst) 3pcs

DTX-500K

My Yamaha Drums --- Click HERE

8. Go Kimi Räikkönen

Quote Originally Posted by drummaman1 View Post

Oh, and the one post that wanted to see BCX and Mahogany Masters and such and such...so, all the time and money they spent on Reference and Reference Pure, they're just gonna make a Masters Mahogany kit?? Really?
    Come on guys, taking a bit too serious?

I don't care about Reference and Reference Pure so much. I prefer Masters line more, so yeah, I would like to see birch Masters kit and who doesn't want to see mahogany Masters? I bet it wont happen but I would like to have options. Pearl does not offer professional birch kit so I think that really would be wise move. And yeah, if they offer birch Masters kit I would buy it for sure. When I bought my current MPL kit I really was looking birch kit from Pearl but once again, special order things..

9. Registered User

I think Pearl is going to reintroduce a line they havent had around for a while and bring it back with a new revamp. This is my thought on it.....we will see when Al gives it away at Namm

10. Life start at 125 metro-click

pretty clear the master line up will gets some upgrades like moar ''''standard '' finishes .

i'd like to see pearl outing another mid priced special snare drum. pearl was a lenght forward in this department over every major at one point with the FF ,ultracast and reference . a new addition would be cool.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

11. SPACE ACE

With Pearl having the Vision series (birch & birch/basswood), and the Session series (birch/kapur), I really can't see why they would want to release another birch series like a "BCX". The MCX series does need an update though, as it really doesn't have the same presence as the older MMX, MRX masters.
    Pearl MMX in Opal White
    22x18
    12x10
    16x16

14x8 Custom bronze snare
    13x3 Pearl brass piccolo
    Sabian HHX and Paragon cymbals

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lddrummer View Post

For some reason I am leaning towards something new for the Vision series. Of course, anything me win the masters line is all good too!
    I just think they should put an Extra air vent hole and Optilocs on the Visions. I would without a doubt buy the Visions then.
    Hoping to get some new Visions in Ruby Fade soon!