Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

• Home
  1. My Concord Faded

Default How to: Split your double (P2002) Eliminator into singles (P2000)

Ok, this was simpler than i thought and i almost was able to make it perm swappable but the extra ME-393N i had has a stuck set screw that i could not remove with my limited tools here at my house.

All the parts you need you will already have, but i made a list of parts should you want to make it easier to swap back and forth. I have written this as if you have them separated (not tied with the shaft) and know how to switch a beater back and forth depending on if singles or dual. If you have any question or see something that needs to be added, let me know so i can edit the post.

Tools:
    Drum key
    2mm Allen wrench
    3mm Allen wrench
    (optional, 12mm box wrench)

Optional Parts:

DC-396NA Uni-Lock Beater Angle Cam Complete
    SPA-64AN Spring Assy. Complete
    DC-395NA Beater Holder Link Complete (3mm x 2)
    ME-393N Axle Sleeve w/Allen Screws (possibly optional) (2mm x 2)

Basic (Cons, you need to do all this each time you need to switch from dual to singles and back):
    1. Use drum key and remove the left side spring assembly (see J), then unscrew the tension knob from the Master and install to the slave. Do not fit on the axle yet. (You will notice that the key bolt faces away from you if you want to be able to see the alignment marks, if not you can flip it around by removing the spring from the screw part and rotating 180 and reattaching)
    2. Use 2mm Allen wrench to loosen the 2mm set screw as seen in C-3.
    3. Use the 3mm Allen wrench to loosen the set screws on the Beater Holder (see B-2) and remove the slave beater axle (see F-1) far enough to remove the Beater Holder, then reinstall the axle. Do not tighten the 2mm set screw too much as the ring it locks in place is aluminum.
    4. Use the 3mm Allen wrench to loosen the 2 set screws on the cam assembly (see G-5) on the slave.
    5. Use the 2mm Allen wrench to loosen the 2 set screws on the Axle Sleeve (see Q-2) and remove. (Optional, if you cannot loosen the set screws with minimal effort, you may use the 12mm box wrench to remove the nut shown in Q-4, but you will have to totally remove the shaft, install the Beater Holder and then reinstall the cam assembly and nut/washer in Q-4)
    6. Slide the slaves axle out far enough to slide the Beater Holder onto the shaft taking care to align it so that the top of it is parallel to the top of the cam assembly.
    7. Line up the cam assembly and tighten the two 3mm set screws and slide the Beater Holder up next to it and tighten its two 3mm set screws.
    8. Reinstall the Axle Sleeve and tighten the two 2mm set screws, then attach the spring to the axle and align to your liking.

Optional with the above optional parts purchased (Pros, you only need to loosen/detach the spring on the slave and connect the shaft to switch from singles to dual):
    1. Use the 3mm Allen wrench to loosen the 2 set screws on the cam assembly (see G-5) on the slave.
    2. Use the 2mm Allen wrench to loosen the 2 set screws on the Axle Sleeve (see Q-2) and remove. (Optional, if you cannot loosen the set screws with minimal effort, you may use the 12mm box wrench to remove the nut shown in Q-4, but you will have to totally remove the shaft, install the Beater Holder and then reinstall the cam assembly and nut/washer in Q-4)
    3. Slide the slaves axle out far enough to slide the Beater Holder onto the shaft taking care to align it so that the top of it is parallel to the top of the cam assembly.
    4. Line up the cam assembly and tighten the two 3mm set screws and slide the Beater Holder up next to it and tighten its two 3mm set screws.
    5. Reinstall the Axle Sleeve and tighten the two 2mm set screws, then install and attach the spring to the axle and align to your liking.

VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
    Kick Sub Mod
    How to: Split your double (P2002) Eliminator into singles (P2000)

dFd Black Chrome 2.3mm hoops for sale, single 6", 8, 10, 12, 14(8 hole), 16, 18 (pairs)

2. Registered User

I actually ordered an extra part that holds the beater so I don't have to switch that out when going back and forth from a double to two singles. All I have to do is move the spring back and forth.

3. Dead By Night

^^^ That seems a little easier.

4. My Concord Faded

Thats why i posted both ways
    VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
    Kick Sub Mod

dFd Black Chrome 2.3mm hoops for sale, single 6", 8, 10, 12, 14(8 hole), 16, 18 (pairs)

5. Registered User

Thanks for the post. Could be useful to me later on.....
    1. Tama Superstar Hyperdrive , brushed charcoal finish.
    2. I drum for Jesus ;-)

6. My Concord Faded

Youre welcome The DD's come with instructions on this and people have asked in the past for one for the Elims.
    VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
    Kick Sub Mod