Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Pearl MLX floor tom legs

I just bought a used Pearl MLX kit (late 80s/early 90s). The floor tom is missing its legs, so I need to get some replacements. The brackets are obviously designed for a thicker leg than Pearl is using currently. Anyone know the diameter of these legs? 12.7mm (1/2") seems like the only readily available size that MAY fit. Just not sure if these were some other special size unique to Pearl drums of this era. Also, anyone here from Pearl know if there is any back-stock of the floor tom leg memory locks that go with these brackets? Thanks.

2. Support Team

I'm afraid that the LG-30/3 Floor tom legs are long gone from our inventory; however, it appears that we still have a few of the LG-30S Stop Locks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gene okamoto View Post
    I'm afraid that the LG-30/3 Floor tom legs are long gone from our inventory; however, it appears that we still have a few of the LG-30S Stop Locks.
    Can I order 3 of those stop locks directly from you? Also, can you tell me the diameter of the legs needed for the MLX brackets?

4. Support Team

Jerry, please purchase the StopLocks from an authorized Pearl dealer.

I don't have the leg diameter but I'll find out. Please stay tuned.

5. Former BLX owner

Hi all.

The diameter is 12.7mm

Gene - you very kindly advised me on this long ago when I was looking for some bass drum spurs to use with my BLX floor tom / JG-16 setup.

Jerry - I've replied to you in the MLX/BLX thread in the Vintage section. If you can get the memory locks from Pearl, they would fit the Gibraltar legs I suggested. I used some memory locks with my Gibraltar bass drum spurs up until recently when I sold most of my BLX kit.

Thanks,

Chris.
    Mapex Saturn in Antique Ivory; 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 22x18 | Pearl Hardware
    Zildjian A Custom 8, 10, 15, 18; A Sweet Ride 21; 1960s A 18; K/Z 13 HHs | Paiste 16 China | Istanbul 12 Trash
    Some stuff I've done: http://www.myspace.com/thetimeproject | http://www.myspace.com/harbourlightsband

6. Registered User

Thanks guys. Just picked up a set of 12.7 Gibraltars today (perfect fit), and placed an order through Chad Sexton's Drum City for those stop locks.

7. CZX SZX MLX BLX

Gene: I'm located in Norway. Would it be possible to order those memory locks through my local dealer as well, or is it US only?
    Kits: CZX, SZX, BLX & MLX
    Snares: Pearl (MCX, CZX, Maple & Copper Freefloaters), Tama Imperialstar, Gretsch Hammered Brass, Tempus (Carbon, Carbon-Kevlar & Fibershell)
    Cymbals: Paiste Signature, 3000, 2002, Twenty, Twenty Custom, Sound Formula
    Mics: Shure, Audio-Technica
    Sticks: Wincent 5BXL

8. Support Team

Please ask your local dealer to contact Pearl Europe and ask them if they have any in stock. If not, we occasionally do "stock transfers" from the US to Pearl Europe of drums and parts.

9. CZX SZX MLX BLX

Great, thanks
    Kits: CZX, SZX, BLX & MLX
    Snares: Pearl (MCX, CZX, Maple & Copper Freefloaters), Tama Imperialstar, Gretsch Hammered Brass, Tempus (Carbon, Carbon-Kevlar & Fibershell)
    Cymbals: Paiste Signature, 3000, 2002, Twenty, Twenty Custom, Sound Formula
    Mics: Shure, Audio-Technica
    Sticks: Wincent 5BXL