Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default my new (to me) session custom maple

These drums sound awesome so excited =)
    the kick is a little scratched up but i have big plans for this blue monster.
    for started a bb1 cover plate for the tom holder, all new heads, t-1000 toms holders, new bass drum hoops and more as my wallet recoops.
    10,12,14,22" kick not sure what the finish is just yet more pics to come!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    in its most simplistic terms, snare's cannot be played "All the time". They need their sleep too!, thus the snare bed........... :D
    my sessions (work in progress)
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...n-custom-maple

looking for: anything satin

2. Numb Stomper

They are truly awesome drums!!! Congrats!

3. This is just a tribute

Welcome to the Session Squadron. I've long felt that Sessions were overlooked and underrated kits - I bought mine specifically because of the value I believe they have. IMO they are a fully professional level set of drums, right on par with the MXR/MPR/MCX Masters - after all, from a construction standpoint they are the same 6 ply, 7.5 mm shells, built on the same forms, from the same maple stock (the masters have a higher finish grade outer ply, but sonically it makes no difference) and have the same precision cut bearing edges. I've owned mine for over 6 years. When I got mine, the goal was to have a kit I was going to be happy to play for the next 10 years or so, and I'm still as happy with them now as I was when I got them.

Nice kit - I definitely approve!
    Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

4. Registered User

trickg i was hoping i'd grab your interest you were one of the first people to help me on the forum and i have always associated you with sessions =).

Any info on this kit would be awesome smx? srx? any idea on how expensive a new set of kick hoops would be? i have a band practice tomorrow so ill really get to hear em sing thanks all
    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    in its most simplistic terms, snare's cannot be played "All the time". They need their sleep too!, thus the snare bed........... :D
    my sessions (work in progress)
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...n-custom-maple

looking for: anything satin

5. Less is more

I fully concur that sessions are awesome. i have pretty much the same kit in green fade, plus a 16x16 and a 12x10. All the toms have killer tone. The kick is great, though my 1971 Ludwig 22x14 sounds better. Still, for a modern kick, the Session is great.

I don't know what else anyone could want in a drum kit. Though your hoops are a bit chipped up, you may want to try stripping them down to bare wood instead of replacing.

6. #smangitdrums

Beautiful set of Sessions, man! I love that finish! BTW, that kick may be a 20". Looks like it from here.

7. Registered User

SWEET COLOR!!! Please wipe those bad boys down!

Sessions are amazing kits man. Beautiful kit!
    Solo project: "Suicide Animals" - experimental death thrash industrial zombie noiz
    drums: Pearl Prestige Session Select in Carbon Mist
    hardware: all Pearl
    cymbals: Paiste (Signature, Sound Formula, RUDE, VISIONS, 2002, and Twenty Series)

"Everything you do is a reflection of you......"

8. User Registered

Nice, love sessions

Wanted MAPEX SATURN 10x8 Tom Red Cherry Sparkle, Meinl Byzance 16" &20" crashes

9. Away From The World

Nice kit man! Animal has appeared on a few threads lately

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

10. This is just a tribute

As far as I know, those are the original version of the SMX before they gave them the bridge style lugs and changed the style of the badge. I don't think that the Session Selects were 100 percent maple. Those are the original (and now re-introduced) RL-10 lugs, and I think they were used by both the Export and the Session series until they introduced the NCL-100 lug design. They aren't bridge style, but I seriously doubt if it matters that much at the end of the day when bigger, more obvious issues like head selection and tuning determine how a drum is going to sound.

I was "this" close to picking up a whole second Session kit - it was used but it was the same Vintage Fade as mine, only with the RL-10 lugs. It was sitting used on the GC floor for something insane like $350, but I couldn't justify the second kit at the time.
    Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

11. Numb Stomper

According to Pearl, that badge still falls under the SRX designation. I have the same and that's what they told me. New hoops will probably run $80 - $100 for the pair. I'd try to clean up what you have first. Again, beautiful looking and sounding kit you have there.

12. I miss the beat

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiref View Post
    Animal has appeared on a few threads lately
    But in this one he doesn't seem to be that happy...

Can't be the drums, though. They're nice!